Towards The Future

It had taken some convincing on their part but they had managed to get Yae to come help them get back inside. The candles and the glow from the tori gate still going strong in the small cave under the shrine. The ethereal glow of the swirling portal all too familiar to Lumine in many ways offered nostalgia. Yae's words leaving Paimon very confused but Xiao seemed to understand.

"So let Paimon get this straight it's abstract, but has a location, but you have no idea where it is, but you can send us there...WHAT!?"huffed Paimon in her confusion.

"Tsk. It's not that different from adepti abodes or the serenitea pot. Similar concept here."Xiao sighed. The list of the idiot fairy's cluelessness just kept getting bigger and bigger it seemed.

"Xiao-chibi is correct though you needn't try and understand it. Let me put it this way right now, she's by chaos. Everything is turbulent and disordered in there...If you try and force your way in you could easily be swept away by a giant wave of space and time to toss you into some unknown corner of the universe."Miko hummed.

Lumine's expression turned serious her expression looking like it had recalled something if only briefly. "Yae's words they are almost identical to mom's warnings and old stories."she thought crossing her arms in thought.

"It's precisely why it's far more safer to place your consciousness into a physical object just like I did before to help you little ones."

"WHAT!? Heh heh....Paimon thinks Paimon will just stay here. You three can go in."stammered Paimon nervously trying to fly off. only for Lumine and Xiao to grab her by the scarf and sleeve and keep her from escaping. Neither couple looking amused.

"In your dreams!"snapped the couple in unison.

Yae Miko chuckling at the sight as the frightened fairy shouted and whined her protests. The kitsune soon went over and had started to activate the portal. it burst to life in a far more brighter glow. "Hmm...I say...."

"What's wrong?"asked Lumine.

"Hm? Oh nothing to worry. It just seems my suspicions of it being rather chaotic were correct, that's all."sighed Yae thoughtfully as she turned her gaze onto the trio. "By the way, before I forget remember to focus constantly on your heartfelt wishes when you enter inside. Only a strong enough will can prevent you from being swallowed up and lost to space-time. Only if your strong enough will I be able to deliver you all to Ei's location."

"Got it."

"Understood."

"Okay."

"I'll be out here offering support, I'll know when something goes amiss."Yae watched the trio approach the portal. Her expression turning serious to curious as she saw Lumine's eyes give a weak golden glow as she reached for the portal. "Xiao, Lumine...I'm putting my god in your capable hands. Bring her back."

"We'll bring her back."said Lumine with a bright star shattering smile. Xiao beside her offering a small grin. The trio then hopped in vanishing from sight leaving the kitsune alone to grin slyly with intrigue. "Oh~! So she really was your little cub. How intriguing...."