Chariot of the Sun

"Hey, over here! Up here you guys — come on!!"

The inside of the tower of the Dainichi Mikoshi Temple was a sight to behold still for the trio but for Kokomi, this was her first time seeing it up close in person. Her pastel eyes wide with childlike wonder just like with Paimon and Lumine. Xiao though was unfazed, having been here many times over the winter months before returning to Lumine's side during her recovery. The chamber itself had architecture familiar to Lumine's eyes. Though the room itself was covered in climbing vines, moss, and crumbling with age it still held it's splendor. Shallow pools with overgrown aquatic flora, cascading decorative waterfalls, glowing shrubbery all surrounded and framed the room with its spiraling stone staircase.

"Seems Enjou-san is yelling for us up on that platform."noted Kokomi looking above their heads.

"We're coming Enjou, geez so impatient."called Lumine.

"Reminds you of another we know."teased Paimon, earning a leer from Xiao at the comment.

Wasting no time they made haste towards the top where a strange device stood at the center. Enjou waiting there with a grin and tapping his foot in anticipation. After some explanations from Enjou it was revealed the device was what control the light in Enkanomiya, Paimon jokingly calling it a glorified lamp. As soon as they turned it off something caught Xiao's notice as for a split second Lumine's eyes gave a faint golden glow. "So I wasn't imagining things back then."he thought unable to keep his gaze off her as the girls talked to this shade. Kokomi, Enjou, and even Paimon having gone and practically jumped out of their skins. The girls hiding behind Xiao and Lumine while Enjou had almost run and hid himself. With their next task given to them by Aru, they went on their way.

"Guys, why were you hiding behind us?"Lumine asked with a curious raise of her brow.

"What!? You weren't scared? Paimon recalls you hate ghosts!"Paimon protested in shock.

"Why? Aru's not a ghost he's a shade."Lumine stated calmly going over the current puzzle switches they had reached. The way the blonde had said this was as if this wasn't an odd occurrence to her. it puzzled Kokomi, confused Paimon, and made Xiao curious. The past events with his beloved starting to replay in his mind as he hopped up onto one of the near by pillars. Keeping his jade spear close, resting it against his shoulder as he looked out for any approaching danger as the girls worked. Realization as the gears started to turn making his golden eyes that gleamed in the darkness turn to Lumine. "Your not mortal...what are you Lumi?"he muttered under his breathe.

Time.

All it would take is patience and time to figure this all out. Question was what Lumine? His dear partner and mate was an enigma. "No matter, I'll find out the truth eventually."he thought at hearing Lumine call for him. They had their pieces for the Reins of Revival it was time to go back and meet back up with Enjou.

 They had their pieces for the Reins of Revival it was time to go back and meet back up with Enjou