Volume 1 - Chapter 5: Different Choices

"The stronger you get, the harder it is to improve" Luo Feng contemplated, "For me to raise my speed from 23.8 m/s to 25 m/s would probably take around one year. For my strength to improve from 809 kg to 900 kg would probably take even longer. I would probably have to wait until after I get into college to achieve the title of 'Fighter'."

"If, if... I enter a coma again, my body fitness level might reach what a 'Fighter' requires"

Of course, this kind of coma isn't one you enter when someone beats you unconscious, but when you enter one from an extremely painful headache.

Luo Feng has a headache disorder.

Every so often Luo Feng gets a headache. However, he is usually able to bear with the pain until it passes. Occasionally, it would hurt so much that he would enter a coma.

Luo Feng has entered a coma twice so far.

When Luo Feng was 8 years old and his brother's legs were crushed by a car, he was so sad that he got a headache. At the same time, his heartbeat started to rapidly rise and his blood circulation speed rose to an alarming rate. Soon after he felt like his heart was about to beat out of his chest, he entered a coma.

Another time was when Luo Feng was 12 years old and his mother was re-hospitalized. Afraid of losing his mother, Luo Feng panicked and got an extremely painful headache. Like before, his heartbeat rapidly rose and he entered a coma.

After two comas, Luo Feng's family frequently brought him to the hospital for check ups. However, no illness was identified. Even in this age, the brain is still a mystery to medicine.

"However, the two comas have increased my body strength by many times" Luo Feng anticipated, "8 years old, 12 years old, after I woke up from the comas, my strength, speed, and reaction speed clearly improved. Because of this, I was able to skip right past the 'Intermediate' exam in the dojo and achieve the 'Intermediate' title. Thanks to my genes, I was able to achieve the 'Elite' title at the age of 17"

"If I enter a coma again, I bet my strength would increase even more!"

A coma is actually a symptom caused by your body to protect itself, so it isn't entirely a bad thing.

"My head would hurt until its limit and my heartbeat would speed up until its limit"

Luo Feng lowered his head and looked at the watch on his wrist. This watch had a 'Pulse meter' function.

"Even after sprinting like crazy, my heart beat wouldn't go above 120 times a minute" Luo Feng watched his watch, "If I can reach a rate of 200 times a minute, then that would be great" The premonitions of a coma is an extremely bad headache and a super high pulse.

However──

No matter how hard he exercised, he couldn't get his heartbeat to the rate which a coma would require.

※※※※※※

Within the dojo training hall, scar faced Yang Wu, stood in front of the 'Fist Strength Tester' machine. However, he didn't seem very serious; he simply punched the tester a few times with both hands. A repeated [PENG!] [PENG!] [PENG!] sounded as he punched the machine. Soon after that, a few numbers were displayed on the screen.──"956kg, 912kg, 936kg, 981kg......"

Yang Wu punched a couple dozen times in one breath before stopping.

Luo Feng, who was watching on the sidelines, couldn't help but admire. His full power could only amount to 809 kg, but Brother Yang could unleash a flurry of fists with such power. For all of them to just pass the 700 kg mark would already be plenty.

"Brother Yang, if only one of my full-power punches could be as strong as one of your random ones, then that would be great" Luo Feng laughed.

"You, " Yang Wu walked towards Luo Feng and laughed as he hit him on the shoulder, "you're only 19 this year, or 18 right now. When I was your age, I was only an intermediate member. With the rate at which you're improving... you would achieve the body fitness level required for the rank of 'Fighter' within two years for sure. Heh, a 20 year old fighter, how envious."