CHAPTER 5

"Wh..Why.. do you have to bring... me... here?" Rin weakly whispered to Sugawara when he woke up in the hospital.

"I.. can't afford to... stay in this place... It costs a lot of money..." he continued tears brewing in his eyes. He tried sitting on the bed but felt dizzy and lay back down.

Sugawara lightly taps Rin's shoulder. The teacher wears a concerned face.

"You.. don't have to worry about it... My husband and I will be paying the hospital bills for you."

"But.. what about-.."

"Our neighbors will take care of your siblings while you're still here. Keiji is a writer, so he usually stays home, and he promised to look after your brother and sister. Everyone in the apartment building agreed to help you..."

"But... I... I... can't pay all of you..." Rin said almost tearing up... but doing his best to hold it

"They are doing the favor not asking for any payments whatsoever. This is the only way we could help. I also talked to Okane- san, and he agreed that you can delay your rent payment for the next month."

Rin started tearing up, crying as he wiped his tears away with his arms. Sugawara stared at the boy, noticing all the bruises and wounds the boy has on his arms.

"Tell me... What kind of work do you do at night? You have plenty of bruises all over you..."

Rin stiffened. No one knows... and he prefers to keep it that way. He looked at the teacher, the gazed away quickly...

"I... I work at... a... night café..." he lied.

Though unconvinced, Sugawara just nodded. Being a teacher gives Suga the opportunity to study kids' behaviors... and for certain he knew Rintarō was lying. In his profession, he learned that children being forced to talk about personal stuff tends to bring the children pressure. They will eventually tell when they are ready... Children and young adults are the same, lying tendencies are greater from childhood to adolescence and in this case, he got the idea...

"If you aren't ready... I'll wait till then... Remember... we can help you, okay?" Suga continued, his face contorted a little unable to hide his pity towards the boy.

Sugawara, at this moment, made up his mind to help Rintarō no matter what...

Rin nodded hesitantly, then closed his eyes, trying to avoid the question from his neighbor. Sugawara sighed and stayed in the hospital looking out for him. Their age isn't too far apart, but he learned to take good care of others, younger or even older.

Rintarō couldn't just tell anyone about his work. All the escorts signed a document... To make it simple... anyone who wants to leave the club needs to pay a million dollars to whom they address as Boss. Anyone tipping the police authority will suffer, just like how his former friend was killed after a raid in the club, which they luckily escaped from. They don't choose any family members, elderly, kids, or someone with disability... They will certainly kill for money... Rin felt a kick in his stomach, it is something no one can swallow... but he got no choice... Rintarō is fully aware that Daichi Sawamura, his neighbor, and Suga's husband is a policeman, he wouldn't let his siblings die just because he provided information about his dirty job.