CHAPTER 15

Rin felt worried and at the same time ashamed of himself. He went home rather miserable. Rina and Marō also noticed how their older brother became so upset that night.

“Nii-san..” Marō called out as they eat dinner all together.

The older didn’t even raise his head from looking down at his plate and continuously try to grab some rice using his chopstick but wasn’t able to eat any.

Marō looked at Rina and they worriedly glanced back at their older brother...

“Nii- san... Are you okay?” Rina asked poking his brother’s arm.

Rin was just dragged out of his thoughts as he looked at his siblings who were both wearing concerned faces.

“I... I’m fine... Don’t.. Don’t worry...” Rin tried smiling but choke on his last word.

“Nii-san.. What’s been going on? You seem distraught... If there’s anything we could do-...” Rina said as she held Rin’s hands with her smaller palms

Rin smiled. “Everything’s fine.. Thank you...”

“Of course... If something is bothering you... we could-...” Marō continued

“I’m okay... Seeing you both happy and well makes me delighted, okay? Don’t mind me... My... ahh.. friend is just sick so I’m worried-...”

“Oooh, the one who gave you the phone?” Rina curiously asked as she withdrew her hands and started chopping some meat, placing some to Marō's plate.

Rin nodded. Of course, he mentioned Osamu to his siblings but kept the gray-headed guy’s name private. They asked a lot of questions about his new friend, but he just gave them excuses not to answer any of those questions. Eventually, after some time, Rina and Marō stopped asking.

“If he’s sick, why don’t you visit him?” Rinmarō said after he swallowed the meat Rina placed on his plate.

“I... I would want to... But, he... we kinda get into an argument, and we... ahhh... we fought over the phone-...”

“The more you need to see him then..” Rina almost yelled. “So, you would stop looking so depressed and heartbroken-..."

"What?! Me? Heartbroken?! No.. I-...” Rin stuttered as his siblings chuckled.

The two younger Sunas knew that their older brother has feelings toward his new friend but of course, they wouldn’t embarrass their older brother about it.

The older decided to pay Osamu a visit that night, as Sugawara promised to stay over since his husband is on duty that evening.

Rintarō hasn’t been to Osamu’s place, but when the gray-haired said that he is staying at the Sakusa mansion, he instantly knew his address... Who wouldn’t know that family? They are the most prominent family in Wakkanai.. They are not originally from this place, but the name is very well-known all over Hokkaido. Osamu said that the only son of the family is his twin brother’s husband... When it was mentioned to him, he felt disappointed about himself because he wouldn’t be amounting to anything compared to his twin’s lover. Rintarō felt he wasn’t enough for Osamu or that he would never be enough to give anything. This makes him feel bad and he may not mention this to Osamu, but Rin really was upset about being a poor and disgusting hooker. They maybe in the stage of mutual understanding... but this fact is one of the things that stops Rin from committing himself to Osamu... the shame of being a burden to him, the opinion of others about it, and the job Rin has to do just for a living will surely affect Osamu.