CHAPTER 26

~WHILE WITH KIYOOMI

"I told you not to go here, Sakusa- san." Rin said and sighed before letting Sakusa into his apartment.

"Nii-san! OH--! Sakusa-san! How are you? It's been a while" Rina greeted as she walked near the door.

"Yes. It's been weeks. How are you three?" Kiyoomi asked as the three of them strode inside the flat.

Rin and Kiyoomi settled on the couch while Rina went straight to the small kitchen to grab some tea and taiyaki for the visitor.

"We're okay, Sakusa-san... I hope... Samu is too." Suna sincerely said as he looked away.

"He isn't. I don't know what you expect will happen when you decided to go, but that made him miserable. My married life is horribly affected as well." The raven head replied trying his best to make eye contact with Rintarō.

"I—I'm sorry-..." Rin apologized before staring at the white-painted wall in front of them. 

"Does it sound like I'm blaming you? I'm sorry, Suna, if I have to be blunt like this. I just want you to know the real deal about us, about Osamu."

"I'll be leaving it here, Nii-san, Sakusa- san." Rina politely spoke placing down a tray of food and drink for the two older men.

She left afterward and went straight to the room.

Suna lets out a heavy breath before facing Sakusa again.

"I... I just can't--... can't face him right now, Sakusa- san. Every time I think about how he betrayed my trust or if he still had many secrets he would reveal in the future that will break me more, it makes me wonder--..."

"Don't doubt the future, Suna. Everything happens for a reason. And Osamu has reasons to keep things away the way he did, perhaps he believes it's for the best. Like what I always tell you over the phone, time will heal you, and you'll see how Osamu cares about you."

"I'm still... uncertain. I'm sorry for all the trouble." the other apologized and wiped the tears building on his eyes.

"Don't worry--..."

"I've been trying to look for a decent job around here, but... I... I just can't find one... I don't know if I could repay you enough, or if I could ever thank you for all the help you lend me... Rent, allowances for my siblings, Marō's medication..."

"I told you not to worry about a thing. Money is not an issue... I made a promise, and I will do everything to support both you and Osamu the best I could." Sakusa assured and breathed 

"That's... awfully sweet of you, Sakusa- san."

"Don't mention it. I'm happy that you decided to stay here in Tokyo instead of going back to Wakkanai. If ever you want to talk to Samu, just tell me and I'll gladly pick you up."

It was out of pure intentions to bring Osamu and Rin back together. Kiyoomi's willing to do everything to make Samu and Rin happy, and see Atsumu well again or less worried about the gray- haired.