CHAPTER 28

"I truly know that... I just—... Could ya just lend me a key to this apartment? —"

Rin felt his heart beating wildly in his chest. Though he's fully aware that confidentiality and privacy are every company's policy, he couldn't help his trembling heart to feel scared. He isn't ready—and he thinks he'll never be.

"I can't do that... If you really wanted to talk to Suna-kun, just come back tomorrow when you're calmer."

"But—"

"Or I'll have no choice but to call the authorities on you."

"Just... give me few seconds to say goodbye to Rin... Ya could just wait for me... This wouldn't take long..."

"Rin... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I love you... I love you that it hurts me so bad to not hold ya or kiss ya... Ya are my world. Ya are my everything. Give me a chance... I love you..." and just like that, the neighborhood became entirely quiet again.

Suna fell to the floor. He wasn't certain if it was a relief hearing the silence behind that door or fear of not being able to talk to Osamu. Listening to that heartbreaking confession of Osamu's love for him makes him weak in the knees like what it always does since they met in Wakannai. But this time, it was really different.

His heart was crumbled into tiny bit pieces once again. How he hoped it never happened... How he hoped he still could caress Osamu and hug him tightly. How he wished to wake up every day to see how adorable he was. How Suna wanted to say how much he still loves Osamu so much.