CHAPTER 23

"It was a setup. Osamu never had a relationship with that girl. It was all part of an act to control Osamu and his money. They set Osamu up, drugged him that night, and when the girl claimed that she was pregnant, his life became miserable. At first, they decided to have the baby aborted, but Atsumu... said that it was an innocent life, and everyone agreed to keep him. To keep her quiet, they signed an agreement that says that the baby would be receiving 75% of Osamu's wealth when the time comes..."

Rin lifted his head and looked straight at Sakusa's.

"It wasn't planned, and obviously, Osamu didn't plan to hide everything from you... Knowing him, he probably is just looking for the right opportunity to tell you.. I'm sorry if you have to know the truth like this. It wasn't intentional-..." Kiyoomi aplogized.

"I... I still hate him." Rin weakly said before sitting down to bed and hiding his face in his palms.

"I won't force you to believe everything I just said, but there is something I want you to know, Suna." Kiyoomi said walking right in front of Osamu's boyfriend. He knelt and met Suna's reddish, puffy eyes.

"Osamu loves you with all his heart. You are the only one that makes him happy... again, after all these years. You are the only one who brought the light and smile back to him. He loves you that he couldn't bear to hurt you. If you decided to leave him, I know I can't stop you, but if you still love him, too, please, I'm begging you, give Osamu the chance to explain." Kiyoomi spoke, before sighing and standing up.

"I'll be leaving you with your thoughts for now. Please reconsider, okay Rin?" He continued and was about to open the door when he heard a small voice from Suna.

"I don't want to judge Osamu, but how could I ever trust him again?" he mumbled slightly brushing those tears away.

Sakusa faced the other, his face contorted. That's right. A broken trust isn't easy to rebuild and mend. It's more like a mirror, shattered into little pieces, even bringing it back together, it would never be the same- still wrecked and broken.

"Kiyoomi- san... I... I couldn't just lie telling you I already forgot how and what I feel for him. I love him still that's why it hurts so much right here!" Suna continued clenching his shirt near his heart. "It fucking hurts! Knowing the truth, losing Osamu... everything hurts!"

"I know. I know it hurts." Kiyoomi replied feebly. "Whatever decision you made right now, I'll help and support you. That's all I could do. That's all I could promise."

~
Kiyoomi entered Osamu's room and saw the younger twin sleeping, arms wrapped around his brother who is sitting on the bed, Atsumu's back leaning on the headboard.

"What happened?" Atsumu softly spoke, slowly adjusting his position.

"Suna decided to leave." Sakusa briefly informed and he saw how hurt Atsumu was. It was the pain not for himself but for Osamu. Kiyoomi continued as he walked near the bed.

"For now, it's for the better." Kiyoo continued.

"Better? How? Omi... Ya know how this would hurt Samu..." the blonde bitterly asked glancing at his sleeping brother, Atsumu almost started getting off the bed but stopping as Osamu groaned.

"You two could blame me for not being able to convince him to stay, but by the scheme of things, Tsumu you know no one can persuade him otherwise. I'm sorry." Kiyoomi continued. It wasn't stern but there was truthfulness in those words that make it hard to respond. It wasn't sugarcoated but was laced with worry and assurance. It was Sakusa Kiyoomi after all.

Atsumu nodded then looked away as if he could do anything on that matter. His husband has spoken, and never once Kiyoomi has been wrong, he's just saying what's obvious, but Atsumu's just concerned and upset. His husband is great with words, encouraging ones and even not, but Kiyoomi would never have the heart to break the news to Osamu about Rintarō leaving the younger twin. The curly black-haired guy is more of the middleman between the two.

"We'll talk later Tsumu." Kiyoomi said leaving the room as quietly as he could closing the door behind him as he sighed.

It was heartbreaking. However, it was an understatement. The moment Osamu woke up, the first thing he did was to directly go to the Suna's room. Atsumu tried his best to stop or at least explain to his brother what Rin decided, but the gray-haired multimillionaire wasn't open to listening for now because all he wanted is to see his lover and apologize.

Osamu swiftly opened the room and was welcomed by emptiness of that space. Tears corroded his cheeks, and he faced Atsumu who is striding just a few steps behind him. The older halted and averted his eyes.

It was heartbreaking for Atsumu as he saw Osamu frantically leave his sight screaming Suna Rintarō's name all over the place. Atsumu trembled, unable to make his decision. It was indeed poignant.

"Atsumu" he heard his husband calling him and he looked in that direction.

"O... Omi..." he broke down as the taller walked towards him. Atsumu pulled Kiyoomi for a hug, as he sobbed loudly.
"How... How could I ever.. explain everything to Samu?"

Yes, Atsumu always nags about how immature Osamu is when it comes to business and life. But Atsumu cares a lot about his younger brother and Kiyoomi understands it. There's no day that the blonde doesn't think of Osamu, more than anyone Atsumu is the only person who would cry for Osamu if he fails, Atsumu will always be the one to cheer Osamu if he's upset, only Atsumu would be willing to sacrifice his life for his brother. That's how he cares for his twin. Kiyoomi fully understands that, so he never questioned why Atsumu has to stay in Osamu's company even after the blonde married Sakusa. He couldn't just take away half of Atsumu's life away just because he married him. Atsumu will never be whole without Osamu, and Osamu will be lost without Atsumu guiding and loving him. They need each other through thick and thin.

Kiyoomi understands, and because of that he couldn't help himself but cry seeing how both his husband and brother-in-law fall apart like this.

It took all of Atsumu's emotional and mental strength and composure to explain to Osamu what happened. It may have been logical, but it still caused a depressing effect on the younger twin. He cried, sobbed, and screamed in pain. It was painful to watch. Atsumu, at first, speaks firm but as he watched Osamu collapse to the floor, he started tearing up himself. He remains seated, lips being bitten to compress his feelings, but eventually buried his face into his palms. Kiyoomi was there. But being physically present doesn't change the fact that Osamu is broken.

I hope you made the right choice, Suna. Sakusa thought sighing, consoling his husband. That's the best he could do for both Atsumu and Osamu. Atsumu needs to be strong for the sake of his younger brother.

~To be Continued~