CHAPTER 22

“YOU... DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO YELL AT MY BOYFRIEND EITHER! I’M TELLING YA! IF YOU WON’T LEAVE RIGHT NOW, I’LL... I’LL NEVER SPEND TIME WITH NOZOMI!” Osamu snapped at her, still glaring.

“Damn you! HE’S YOUR OWN SON!” she blurted before exiting the room.

Rin felt dumbfounded. He stared at Osamu’s back as the latter slowly faced with a guilty expression.

“Son? You... You have a wife and a son, Samu?” Rin mumbled slowly facing Osamu.

Osamu tried pulling his boyfriend for a hug but the other scooted away from him, obviously confused, frustrated, and angry all at once.

“No... No... Rin... Listen... It’s not like that, okay? I... Tamaki and I aren’t married. We were... were... it’s... just a mistake... they... set it up... His father did and I have to take responsibility for it... even if I don’t like the entire idea! Rin, please, understand-...”

“You should have at least told me, Samu..." he said quietly and pain could be gleaned from it.

"Rin..."

"WHAT ELSE DON’T I KNOW ABOUT YOU, HA?!” Rin screamed his frustration as he stood from the bed, grabbing his sweater jacket and cellphone from the bedside table.

“Rin, please... I... I’m just waitin’ for the right time to tell ya! We just moved in together and I don’t want to ruin-...”

“But we’re ruined now because you didn’t even tell me! All this time, I thought what I had been through would be the greatest hindrance in this relationship! But Samu! It’s you! You always hide things from me... Come on... I trusted you with my life. I...” Rintarō started crying and sniffing. He buried his face into his palms, whimpering, suffering from the thought that his beloved Osamu is hiding this thing from him.

All Rin wanted is to trust and be trusted, to love and be loved. His idea of a perfect relationship with Osamu was crumbling right at this moment, right in front of him.

Osamu quickly wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and continuously apologized. But, as soon as that happened, Rintarō pulled away.

The younger sobbed harder as he stared at Osamu’s gray eyes. Those are beautiful orbs that are now also tainted with tears.

Rintarō couldn’t believe this is happening. Just yesterday, they were happy, and now they are broken. Looking at Osamu’s guilty expression makes Rin’s heart shatter into million pieces.

How could he even hide this important thing about himself? Doesn’t he trust me even one bit? Rin wondered like it was poking a hole in his sever heart.

“You don’t trust me, do you, Samu?” he asked biting his bottom lip, trying his best to control the sobs hidden in his expression.

“I do trust ya... It’s just that... I.. I got scared... that ya might not want to associate with me if ya knew-...”

“Samu! Does that mean you’ll not really consider telling me about it? Come on... Why? Why do you... have to hide it from me?” Rin asked, pain almost choking on his words

“I just don’t wantta hurt ya!” Osamu replied tears escaping his eyes as well.

“But lying to me hurts me more!” Rin blurted striding away from Osamu.