CHAPTER 27

"But isn't love accompanied by pain? There's no love without getting hurt. No love is perfect, but forgiveness can heal a broken heart."

"You're too young to understand this things. Where did you even learn--..."

"Akaashi- san is giving me advice on writing and I understand some stuff. Just give it time, nii-san... If Osamu-nii still gives you that happiness and cloud nine feelings, you should give it another shot, right?" she smiled slightly.

Rin just nodded hesitantly before hearing a knock on the door.

"Maybe Sakusa- san forgot something" Rina wondered as she trailed back to the bedroom to sleep with Marō.

Rintarō opened the door expecting Kiyoomi Sakusa to be there.

"Sakusa- san..." he stopped realizing how he made a mistake calling his ex by someone else's name... And not just another's name but Osamu's literal brother-in-law!

His mouth was agape for a moment before deciding to quickly close the door.

It was Osamu.

Then from that soft knock earlier, it became erratic and loud. Osamu was furious—and that's literally an understatement. All he ever wanted is to see Suna and talk to his lover, but his brother-in-law.. Of all people—why the fuck is he cheating on Atsumu with no other than Rintarō?!

"RIN! OPEN THIS DOOR! WE NEED TO TALK!"

Of course, Suna considered talking to Osamu after that conversation with Kiyoomi and his sister... But right now? Of course not. He'll be ready, with proper preparation and mindset, but right now? That's impossible.

"RIN!"

Suna could just hide behind that door over the night, but the landlord would definitely receive complaints about this. He couldn't imagine being kicked out of this place, not for himself but for his siblings. If it was bad before, this is the worst encounter he could have had with Osamu. Suna knew how bad it was, and Samu is fuming. He doesn't even know if what he feels is guilt for being caught, though it really wasn't like that or intended like that, he would never cheat nor Sakusa will. But of course, in different instances, being caught in the act is a piece of evidence. Or what he feels inside his chest is his trembling heart seeing how hurt Osamu was when their eyes met few minutes ago.

It was extremely hard to identify, but there was just only way to stop this scandalous knocking on their apartment door. And that is to open the door, face Osamu, talk to him and—

"Nii- san? Who's on the door?" It was Marō pushing himself forward with his wheelchair.

Suna felt scared for his siblings. What if Osamu flies into a rage and hurts Marō and Rina unintentionally? Osamu wouldn't, right? But... anger is uncontrollable kind of emotion and usually followed by regret. He wouldn't wait for that to happen, so slowly he faced his brother.