Chapter 10

This is the first chapter that was written by Piper (with me editing here and there) so the writing style's a bit different, enjoy

2 months flew by. Damien was out of the brace, and they were doing great. Emilio was riding through a trail most didn't know of and that he only discovered because of Czeslaw wandering off by himself. Damien was trailing behind on his own horse, unsure of where they were going. He wondered whether Damien would enjoy it or not. As he thought distractedly, a branch moved quickly and hit him, bringing him back to reality since he didn't block it fast enough. As he rubbed his nose his face scrunched up and he heard Damien laughing.

"Not funny, that hurt. A lot." He said

"Ohhh, my poor baby," he said in a baby voice through his laughter, "Want me to kiss it to make it better?"

Emilio blushed, "N-no. I'm fine."

He trailed off as he urged his horse to go a little bit faster.

"So my noble knight might I request where we are going?"

"No, it's a surprise."

"Awwww but I want to know! What if I give you a kiss? Will you tell me?" Damien flirted

"As... tempting as that is, I'm going to have to decline, since it would ruin the surprise." Emilio replied, putting emphasis on the word surprise

While they rode along the trail he began to hear Damien speak. "Want to play eye-spy? I'm gonna play eye-spy, I spy with my little eye something that is charming."

"Oh that's easy, Charm your horse"

"No, not quite. I'll give you another hint he's right in front of me."

"O-Oh. is it me?"

"Yup, you, my Emi." Damien said as he nudged their horses together so they were almost parallel. As he leaned in, to kiss Emilo, Emilo realized that they were close and sped up to a canter.

"Come on Damien! We're almost there! Speed up!"

"Hey, what the hell! Wait up, I'm coming Emi!"

As they turned the last bend he heard Damien gasp. That little sound made him smile. He liked it, and Emilio was so glad. He would have been so screwed if he didn't. It took him a while to set up everything. It was a picnic. However, it wasn't just for a meal, it was for the night. He also set up a tent so they could watch the stars. He dismounted and led his horse over toward a sturdy looking tree, de-tacked him, and grabbed the halter and lead he had grabbed with Czeslaw's permission. He felt a huge bear hug engulf him.

"Damien! Get off you're all sweaty!" Emilio shouted

"Well then I guess you'll just have to deal with it," Damien said, "Won't you мой рыцарь?" he whispered the last part into his ear

"Let's eat, before the food gets cold" Emilio said, changing the subject

They ate and Damien was eating quickly, "Who made this pasta! Remind me to thank them later!"

"Uh, thank you, I guess?"

"You made this?! My god, you're becoming better husband material every day"

His cheeks flushed, but of course that's something Damien would say. He's flirty, funny, Damien. They finished up the meal and he tugged Damien over to the side of the clearing they were in, where he had set up a game of Kan Jam.

"Ok, so basically," Emilio began quickly. "What you do is you throw the frisbee and your partner has to hit it in from the top. If you throw it and it goes in the slit you immediately win. If you throw it and it hits the can it's two points. If you throw it and your partner makes it hit the back it's 1 point. Ready? Let's go"

"Emilo, Emi, slow down I didn't understand a word out of that and as cute as you are all excited I don't know how to play."

Emilio took a breath and explained it slowly another time and they played.

~

Emilio was screwed. Damien had somehow obtained water balloons and was currently trying to soak him. While running around the clearing he tripped over a tree root and fell on his face. Instead of helping him up, his lovely boyfriend decided that this would be a perfect time to tickle him.

"Damien- Damien! That tickles, stop it!" He got out through his laughs

Damien stopped and they ended up just lying there, watching the stars.

"Do you like it?" Emilio asked

"Of course I do любовь. This is amazing, thank you!"

So as they laid, watching the stars, Emilio drifted off to sleep lying on Damiens chest. Damien kissed his head and pulled him close until he fell asleep gazing at the stars, in their little clearing. The one place society's rules did not apply.

The calm before the storm.