Chapter 35

[Insert screaming otamatone here]

Damien was on the floor. He didn't know what he was doing there, he could barely remember who he was, but he was crying. He couldn't remember why.

"Everything's going to plan" a voice whispered to him, "everything's going to plan"

He looked up. There was a black-haired boy. His eyes were warm teal and his skin olive, he pulled Damien up and hugged him close. Damien liked this. When he spoke, he knew he wasn't the voice that was whispering. They walked together. There was another boy. Tall with a sharp jaw-line. Blonde-haired with icy-blue eyes. He joined.

Damien didn't know their names. But they seemed familiar.

As they walked, they met new people. An average-height blonde-haired girl who had brown eyes, she was very familiar and Damien didn't know why, and a taller brown-haired boy with brown eyes. They traveled and fought battles, they were winning and getting close to something, Damien couldn't tell what.

They did it, they made it to the end. Damien found the person. He approached, holding onto the olive-skinned boy's hand tightly. The man looked just like the icy-eyed boy, but taller. He was regal, Damien could tell, and he felt so close, but so far. A few words were whispered to Damien before he disappeared.

"I love you, son"

Suddenly, Damien knew who he was. Damien knew the man. He knew the people around him, the boy holding his hand. It all clicked. Fit together like a puzzle piece. From one moment to the next, they were in a grand hall. The wedding march was playing, when he looked to his side, there was Emilio. They walked up together, gave their vows, their promises, but just before they could kiss, Damien's eyes fluttered open.

~

Damien looked left and right. He was in his room, in bed. He sat up, grabbing his phone to check the time. It was 9:36. He started coughing once again, reaching for a water bottle and taking a quick drink. Once oriented, he calmed down, flopping back onto the bed, one thought echoing through his head.

What the fuck kind of fever dream was that?

He sat up, his feet dangling off the bed. Wasn't Emilio here? Where'd he go? Probably home. Damien took off his shirt. It was so hot, he knew it was just the fever talking though. He walked out of his room in only his shorts. He walked into the kitchen, seeing Ivan there speaking to Emilio. He'd be surprised if he didn't feel like passing out.

"Oh, you're up. Everything okay? Heard a lot of tossing" Ivan greeted

"Fine." Damien replied

"Morning, Dami," Emilio replied kissing his cheek and then shoving a thermometer in his mouth, taking it out when it beeped, "100.1"

"Better" Ivan noted

Emilio went to get something from the cabinet. Damein went and wrapped his arms around Emilio, pushing his face into his neck. It's become almost second nature to them. Damien kissed Emilio's neck gently, Emilio laughed.

"Open, you need cold medicine" Emilio said, Damien obliged, cringing a bit at the taste

"Mmm, doesn't taste as good as you do" Damien complained, Emilio laughed

Ivan coughed and they both laughed to each other.

"Is my flirting interrupting your existence?" Damien asked

"No." Ivan replied, "But mom's prolly gonna show up soon enough. She'll ask what he's doing here"

"I don't care." Damien replied