Chapter 29

Hello everyoneeee

Please understand, here and now, this trial is a joke. It's just to get a plot point up.

Laugh and correct our mistakes all you'd like lmfao

enjoy!

Emilio sat quietly. There were two days of trial preparation before it started. It was Wednesday, he was sitting there in his suit again. He stared down at his feet as his parents talked to the lawyer. The door opened and he looked over. There they were. The 6 of them, being led in. Emilio started to panic. Someone took his hand, held it tight. When he looked over, it was his mom.

"You're okay. They can't do anything to you here." She told him

He nodded and turned to look at them once more. There was Liam. Staring at him. He turned back to the group. Hugging himself.

~

They were all ready. Emilio and the lawyer sat at their table. Liam and the others at their own with their lawyer. People had filled up the room. The jury was all there. The lawyer began his argument. Emilio couldn't follow how he was talking for the life of him, and by the looks of it, neither could anyone else. He glanced back at his mother. She was cringing intensely at his talking.

"Prosecution, please speak in a manner that people could understand." The judge told him

"Your honor, I have no problem letting him run his nonsense" the defense attorney stated

"Well I do. Make sense, prosecution." the judge stated

Their lawyer straightened his tie and reworded his argument. It didn't help in the slightest. The judge was annoyed, giving up on it. The defense attorney sneered. This was gonna go horribly.

His mother stood behind him, "Your honor, may I request a quick sidebar with our lawyer?"

"Go ahead"

As soon as he walked over. Emilio's mom went off on him. Literally not caring about the people around them as she threatened him. Emilio almost laughed. Almost.

"You know what? Screw it. I can put up a better argument improvising than you can with a plan. Get the hell out of here." she said, walking to the table Emilio was sitting at

"You're firing me?" the lawyer asked, "You can't do that! Not now!"

"Oh I can, and just did" she replied

"Ma'am, he is right. If you want to fire him, you need to have a replacement lawyer at the ready" the judge told her

"I am a lawyer" she replied

People laughed.

"Oh yeah? Having a year, maybe some more of college doesn't make you a lawyer." the defense attorney stated

She took her bag from Emilio's father, who seemed to have expected this, and pulled out a license, showing it to the judge.

"6 years of study of international law and a license to practice law in countries other than America." she stated

"I suppose this does work. It doesn't state anywhere that this isn't legal. Well state your case, I guess" the judge said, quite confused with the whole situation

But they went with it.

~

Maybe an American feminist who's super into social justice should've been their first plan because she was kicking ass. She disproved every piece of evidence they had to offer. She could pressure people, continue asking questions until they caved. But she could also be nice and sweet to them. Tell them they didn't have to worry if they seemed more nervous. Emilio felt like he was in a show or some crap. It was really cool. Until he got told he would be cross examined by the defense attorney.