Chapter 41

Woah! An upload!

Let's have a quick little chat, shall we?

It's been decided that we need to slow down the uploads a little to make time for writing and other necessary preparations. This book will now operate on a schedule of once a week every Thursday! Sorry for the cut off, hope you all understand <3

I DIDN'T HAVE A STUPID TYPO YOU HAD A STUPID TYPO

Mkay, enjoy the chapter!

Damien went to school the next day. He didn't have a fever anymore, and felt good. He made it a goal to stay as close to Emilio as possible without drawing a tie between them. Subtle things like sitting right in front of or behind him or keeping him as a partner in sparring. During lunch, he went up to the roof to eat with them, but stopped when he got there. Emilio was there with his siblings. He was holding Carla, who was crying, and Lukas was sitting in shock from what he could tell. Damien debated going to help, but decided against it.

As he began to walk away, he heard screaming. When he turned around, it was Lukas. He was up, screaming. It was directed at Emilio from what Damien could tell. Damien's urge to go over was intense, but he still decided against it. This felt like a family thing. Something he shouldn't get into. So he left walking down the stairs.

While walking, Lukas passed him. Damien greeted him.

"Hey, Lukas" he said

"Fuck off, prince" Lukas replied, saying his title like a curse

Damien stayed in confusion as Lukas continued to descend. Damien walked down a few more steps before being interrupted again.

"Lukas?" Emilio asked, peering down the steps

"Just me. He passed by a few minutes ago." Damien said

"Thanks. I have to go back to Carla, hey tell me what he's doing if you see him alright? Where he is too?" Emilio asked

"Of course, head back" Damien reassured

"Thank you so much. I'll see you later" Emilio said, going back to Carla

Emilio seemed stressed and worried. Damien was worried for him. What had he told them? Damien continued walking, going through the halls, humming slightly. He was suddenly pulled into a hug by Vicky. Of course. Vicky. Her friends were here too.

"Uh, hi." Damien said in confusion

"Hey, love" she replied

"Sorry?" Damien asked

"What do you mean? You're together aren't you?" Vicky's friend asked

"I-" Damien started

"Of course we are" Vicky replied for him

"Prove it" the other girl said

Vicky then kissed him. Damien stood still for a moment. What the fuck is wrong with her?! Damien stood stunned as she pulled away. The girls around her were freaking out as Vicky smiled at them, pulling Damien along to a more public place. Damien stumbled as he was pulled, trying to understand what was happening.

Vicky brought him to a bigger group, talking about how happy they were. Damien hated her. He's dealing with too much for this. His family's starting to break into groups, his dad's gone, he's worried for Emilio, he needs to prepare himself for a funeral. Now Vicky with her shit.

"Let's get a picture of you two!" someone said

Damien panicked, glancing around. He needed to get out of here and fast. But before he could escape, Vicky's arms were around him, kissing him again, and the photo was taken.