Chapter 26

Might be our shortest chapter ever

Doot doot doot

Damien was setting up the couch. He was making a little pillow fort. Emilio would be there in 10 minutes, he needed to set up.

It was 6:20 AM, way earlier than he would normally be up on a Saturday, but they had to start early. They were gonna pack in and watch 19 and a half hours of Disney again. Emilio didn't know. They'd only be up until 2 today.

He finished the little fort and smiled. He went into the kitchen to get the popcorn, pouring into a large bowl. There was knocking on the door. When Damien checked, the time was 6:25. Emilio was early, of course.

Damien went and got the door, smiling down at the boy in front of him. Emilio glanced side-to-side warily. He was always on edge after what happened. Damien hated that he had to feel that way. That was part of the reason he was even doing this in the first place. To try and help him feel better.

"Can I come in?" Emilio asked quietly

"Do I ever say no?" Damien asked with a smile

Emilio politely smiled and came in. He was hugging himself a bit as he took off his shoes, Damien closing the door behind them. Damien then went and hugged him. Emilio jumped, but relaxed into his arms quickly.

"You're safe here. I promise," Damien told him, Emilio nodded, "Did they ever approach you again or...?"

"No, nothing happened, what did you need so early anyway?" Emilio said, quickly changing the subject

The answer came very quickly. He was lying, but Damien wasn't going to push it. His boyfriend was already paranoid, he didn't want him to cry too. It'd be the opposite of what he planned.

"Well, was thinking we could finish up that Disney and then we could cuddle and sleep? Maybe have a late breakfast tomorrow?" Damien asked

"Sounds nice." Emilio replied, he smiled as he walked into the living room, laughing at the small fort, "Did you build that?"

"Yes, I did." Damien replied

Emilio went and sat on the couch, Damien sat next to him, pulling him close and kissing his cheek.

"Love you, Emi" Damien said

"I love you too" Emilio replied

"You probably won't anymore by 2 AM" Damien said, getting up, but starting the next movie, but Emilio laughed

God, was Damien glad to hear that sound.

~

They went through movies, laughing, singing(sometimes), and once even crying, to which Damien held Emilio closer. At the end of their binge, Emilio leaned into Damien. They quietly held each other.

"I miss this" Emilio said quietly

"Me too" Damien replied, "everythings been so fucking crazy."

Emilio nodded. They cuddled close to each other.

"Sleepy time?" Damien asked

"Yeah. Sleepy time" Emilio replied, quietly pecking his cheek

They leaned back onto the couch together and the fort fell down onto them, leaving them in a mess of pillows and blankets. They both laughed a bit, and they fell asleep there. Happy with their coexistence. They felt as if nothing had happened. No assault. No run away best friends. Nothing. Just them.

It felt like forever. If either of them could stop time, they would.

Love was all they felt, and it was amazing.