Chapter 28

Time to meet the lawyer

The three of us (Sir Editor the Great, Ghosty, and Piper) all hate him, just a warning

Also kinda a short chapter, sorry

Enjoy!

Emilio was fixing his tie in the mirror. The scar on his face was still as visible as ever, along with some bruising. He covered the scar with some of his hair. It looked slightly awkward, but it was better than having it showing.

He was in his navy suit with a matching tie. The blazer was sitting on his hotel bed. He stretched, hearing a few bones crack. It felt good and he put his arms down, grabbing the blazer and putting it on as he was leaving the room.

His father was in a black suit and light blue tie. His mother in a lavender dress. He sighed quietly as she approached to hug him. He hugged back quietly.

"Ready?" she asked him

"No. Not really" Emilio asked

"Don't worry. You only have to speak if they ask you to testify. They most likely will and when they do, just tell the truth. No matter what." she said

Emilio nodded. Her mother went on to explain the court proceedings. It was simple enough. Prosecution goes first, then defense. Then there's a break to have the jury vote, and boom done. However that would be happening over the course of a few days. Emilio was slightly in a daze. His father got him water as his mother assured him everything would be fine. He hoped she was right.

"We're gonna be meeting with the lawyer soon." His mother said, "he'll be more specific on what's gonna happen"

"Okay." Emilio replied

It was all he could say. He was terrified. He wasn't ready for this. He could barely tell a waiter what his drink order was and now he'd be testifying for court? It was too much. He felt like sobbing right then and there. He wanted to beg them to call it all off. But then it hit him.

Statistically, he and Damien could not be the only lgbtq people in the school. There had to be more closeted people. If he didn't do this, more people would just go through the same he had.

He got up and went to his room. He grabbed his bottle of Advil. Taking one, shoving some in his pocket.

"You shouldn't take drugs to court. Even if they're over the counter." Emilio's mother told him

"Better to be safe than sorry." Emilio told her

"Safe from what?" She asked

"A headache. If I cry it'll be bad. Would rather be prepared." Emilio said

"Alright. I guess it's okay" she said

He smiled, walking over. She kissed his head with a smile.

"Ready to go meet your lawyer?"

"Ready as I'll ever be"

~

Emilio hated him as soon as he met him. The guy was annoying and sleazy. Emilio wasn't liking it.

"As soon as you brought this to me, Henry, I knew I would be able to win it." The lawyer told him

"Mhm. Totally"

No one was liking him. He flirted with his mother. She and his father just gave him a look. He backed off. Then he 'jokingly' called Emilio the short version of the f slur. Emilio hugged himself slightly, glancing over to his parents.

"Henry, can I talk to you outside?" Emilio's mother asked

"Yeah. Okay." He replied

Emilio freaked out with no audio, mouthing 'take me'.

"Yeah. Let's go." His mother said, "Emilio, you stay"

They walked out. Emilio got up, when the lawyer gave a look, he shushed him and listened in.

"I could do better than he could. We both know that." His mother said

"It doesn't matter. We need to win this for his safety. I'm sorry but you know how it is. But it's better for a guy to take this." His father told her

She sighed in annoyance, "Fine, I guess."

"Okay."

Emilio went back to his seat. They stayed out for another minute before coming back.

"Fine. Let's do this." His mother said