Chapter 19

"Shit-" was Damien's first reaction

It was whispered and fast. They pulled away from each other. Emilio quickly grabbed his blazer and backpack from the floor.

"Extra room-" was all he said and Emilio went.

Damien was left there and he pulled off his tie fully, it was still on loosely, he tossed it and quickly took off his shirt, it was the closest thing to just-getting-up he could get right then. Thank god his hair was already as messy as it was, and he went to get the door.

There stood his brother, with a suitcase. Shit. Shit shit shit. He forgot. Of course he forgot.

"Ivan! Hi! Sorry-" Damien started

"Just got up?" Ivan asked

"Something like that" Damien replied

"That's fine, just hoping to hang out with my brother a bit today." Ivan said

"Of course" Damien noted

"I'll go put my stuff in the extra room." Ivan said, walking to the door

"I can do that!" Damien interjected, grabbing the suitcase

"I can do it" Ivan pulled his bag back from the younger

Damien watched in fear as Ivan opened the door. They were gonna get caught. They were gonna be forced to split. They were never gonna see each other again. It'd all go bad. Damien would have to marry Nora and-

"You keep this room pretty clean. I'm surprised" Ivan noted

Damien looked in. No Emilio. Anywhere.

"Don't be that surprised, I can do that" Damien replied distractedly

He looked at the closet. Thank god Emilio hid.

"Yeah, I should see your room. Probably a mess. You looked like you slept on the couch. As focused as it too," Ivan paused "You slept on the couch?"

"Doesn't matter. I'll go get dressed really quick. Then we can get out. Oh, and we'll have to remember to lock the door when we do." Damien said, praying Emilio could hear him, "Just wait on the couch, Ivan"

"Alright, hurry up" Ivan said, not questioning the description

"Will do" Damien said, and they both left the room

Damien went and put on some jeans and a red t-shirt. He combed his hair with his fingers really quick, then left the room, grabbing his keys. The brothers then left, walking down the hall and going into the elevator. As the doors closed, Ivan started.

"So. Who'd you sleep with?" Ivan asked

"Pardon?" Damien asked quickly

"Makeshift sleeping clothes. Your hair being as bad as it was. The couch cushions being ruffled. Your tie just lying on your bed." Ivan gave him a look "The person hiding in the closet of the extra room. How distracted you were. I could go on."

Damien stood there in shock. The only thing he had gotten right as being Emilio's fault was the hair. He did end up ruining the style a bit. But they hadn't slept together. That led to his next question: How the fuck did Ivan know he was there?

"I didn't sleep with anyone-" Damien replied

"Then why'd you need to hide the person when we got here? Do you have an explanation for everything else too?"

"My friend and I pulled an all-nighter binging Disney" when Ivan gave him a look, he elaborated, "Neither of us ended up changing, my hair was because I ended up shoving my head in a pillow a lot, we were on the couch, I took off my shirt and tie so you'd think I just got up. Then he hid since I didn't want you knowing I stayed up just doing that"

"Okay then. Sure." Ivan replied

Damien suppressed a sigh of relief. That was close. Too close.

~

After Emilio was sure they had left, he left the closet he was in. He put his backpack on, leaving the room. He glanced around the dorm for a minute, going to the door quickly. He wanted to see Damien again. This was about to be bad.

Emilio entered his room quickly, putting his uniform jacket on Damien's desk chair, then leaving the dorm quickly. He made sure the door was locked.

He decided to use the stairs, just in case. He descended quickly until he got to his floor, going into the hallway quickly, and to his dorm. When he opened the door, he was met with the one person he wanted to stall seeing. His mother.

"Emilio!" she practically shouted when he entered the room

He stayed quiet. Closing and locking the door, taking off his shoes. His mother went and hugged him tightly, he hugged back.

"Are you mad?" he muttered

"That you left with a boy in panic and then didn't reach out for two days? A little" she replied

Emilio glanced down, rubbing his arm.

"That you're gay? No." she said

He glanced up quietly.

"Really?" Emilio asked

His mother nodded. The smile on her face soon switched to worry.

"Why are you crying?" she asked quickly

"Oh crap, am I?" Emilio asked, going to wipe his face

His hand came back wet. He was.

"Sorry" he said, starting to try to rub the tears away "happens sometimes"

"It's okay, 'Milio" she said, hugging her son "It's okay"

They hugged each other tightly for a moment, and pulled away.

"So, tell me more about the prince? What have you been doing with him?" she asked, sitting down on the couch

"We slept the first night. Actual sleeping. Then he made me stay up watching Disney movies with him for 18 hours straight." Emilio replied, laughing to himself, straight, ha

"You've been up a while then, go sleep" his mother said

"I have to go study, I can't" Emilio told her

"Yes, you can, and you will" she said in her motherly tone

Emilio laughed tiredly and nodded.

"Okay" he replied

She got up and kissed his head.

"We're gonna be riding later. So be up by 3, that's when we're gonna be at the stables"

"I will. Thanks mom" Emilio said

"No problem, honey"

Emilio smiled and went to his room, collapsing onto the bed. He was about to fall asleep, clothes and all, when he got a text. He turned on his phone. It was Damien.

He opened the message.

'My brother somehow knew of your existence, but he doesn't know. You make it to your dorm okay?'

Emilio took a photo of himself in bed, winking with a peace sign up, his tongue sticking out. Awkward-ish, but in the way he thinks that Damien liked. He sent it. Damien was quick to respond.

'If you wanted me to see how it looks on top of you, you could've just asked, y'know~'

'Oml, I'm just trying to sleep because someone made me stay up all night.'

'Since you're that tired, won't make a joke about the implications of that, have a nice nap Emi <3'

Emilio smiled. His cheeks were reddened. He loved Damien. He loved having him. He loved those little messages, flirts, everything. Emilio turned on his side where he found himself smiling as he fell asleep.