Chapter 8

I'm really not ready for this date. That is why I dressed casual, a lemon green bodycon long sleeve crop top, a black stripe joggers and Prada sneakers.

“Mr Du Pont.” The manager of the restaurant professionally smiled. “How may I help you?”

“I made a reservation this morning.” Travis stated.

“Miss Lozano please forgive me I did not see you.” He apologized sincerely. “Please follow me.”

I ordered their special dishes, I was too lazy to go through the menu.

“Tell me about yourself Lucky.” Travis started giving me his full attention.

“I love honesty and hate lies. Let us start with that.” I began. “You know about my family thanks to the media.”

“Sure.” He held my hand that is on the table. “What is mine is mine.” I stylishly took my hand tucking my hair behind my ear.

“Sir, your order.” The waiter voice interrupted, good timing.

I dug in not wanting to continue our conversation. We are seated in the VIPs floor and it is hard to get a reservation here. This restaurant is for elites. I'm not surprised it took him only this morning to make a reservation.

“I'm sorry, the night didn't turn out the way I planned it.” Travis ended the silence, he is driving me home.

“No worries.” I wasn’t even ready for it. He kissed my knuckles, his grip firm. The drive was peaceful.

“Thank you.” I tried taking my hand back but his hold is firm. He adjusted in his seat towering above me.

“Good night babe.” He breathed.

Last minute, I turned my face to the side his lips meeting with my cheeks.

“Luc?”  He whispered, confused at my action.

My inside curled in disgust. “Good night Travis.” I exited his car increasing my pace.

“How was it?” Lia asked when I got in.

“You waited for me?” I questioned, how sweet.

“Knowing it's Du Pont. Yes.” Ali answered rolling her eyes.

“So?” Linda probbed.

“Okay, I guess?” I replied. “I’m tired.”

I was drying my hair with my dryer when my phone beeped.

I'll pick you up tomorrow morning- Travis.

No worries, I'm good- Lucky.

I'm not asking Lucky- Travis.

Okay? That’s my decision to make right?

Are you sleeping?- Travis.

About to- Lucky.

You can lower your guard around me babe, I don't bite- Travis.

I'll try- Lucky.

Sleep well. Dream about me- Travis.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy rumor potray him to be. Rumors don't define you, they only try to bring you down.

“You are riding with Du Ponk?” Andrés asked when Travis came out of his Mercedes Maybach Exelero.

“For today.” I walked to him.

“Babe.” He kissed my cheeks his hands on my waist.

I have got to get used to this, this is a relationship thingy right?

“Du Ponk.”Adnrés said calmly.

“Ramirez.” Travis muttered.

"And we are late.” Lia dragged Andrés with her.

“Let us go?” I don't need a flaw reminder now.

“Why do you hangout with them?” Travis questioned when we stopped at a red light. “I don't mean the girls.”

“Oh, they are my friends too.” Except that squashed melon head. “Why did you ask?”

“Nothing, as long as it stays like that I’m cool.” He started, maneuvering. “And Augustus?”

“He is an acquaintance.” I replied. “Why?”

“Just wanted to be sure babe.” He took a quick glance at me.

“Good day class, I hope you all prepared for today's test?” Our chemistry teacher, the one who handles the practical aspect of chemistry.

“Did you study for it?” Travis asked, he cares.

“Yeah, you?” I answered.

“Do not tell me Du Ponche is a dullard.” Gio mocked in a girly voice tucking his invisible hair behind his ear making the guys chuckle.

Travis broke his pen with his fingers.

“Mr Du Pont is there a problem?” The teacher asked when she turned to face the class and caught Travis snapping life out his pen.

“You tell me.” He said through gritted teeth.

“Detention after school Travis Du Pont.” She doesn’t tolerate shit.

“You would like to think twice before speaking.” He warned. “My father would…”

“Looks like you have forgotten who owns this 'school' Du Ponche.” Gio interrupted. “Daddy’s boy.” He mocked making the whole class burst in deafening laughter.

“That’s enough sir.” She said politely handing out the test papers. “Take one and pass.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you think Luc made the right decision dating Travis? Who do you think will end up with Lucky?

Thank you guys for commenting, reading, voting and adding to your read list. It means a lot to me guys.

Please leave a comment and vote.