Chapter 34

Sza – Nobody Gets Me

"Oh my gosh!" I can't die, at least not now!

"Hold on!" Ali shouted panicking.

"Umm... Luc, I think we've got a problem." Lia voiced, unsure whether or not it is the right time.

"Here, grab unto this." Linda threw the sheets she tied together. "We'll pull you up."

"Girls..." My voice cracked. Gosh, I dunno, my hands are slippery.

"Just hold onto it, Luc."

"Okay."

"Pull!" All three pulled at once.

"Gosh." I teared up, breath shaky kneeling on the floor. "Gosh..."

"Luc." Ali embraced me and I cried on her shoulder. "Lucky." She patted my hair gently which was soothing.

"Gosh, gosh, gosh!" I cried a little harder.

"Here, here, you are fine, it's alright." She tried calling me down.

My life seemed to flash before me, again. Again.

"No..." I kept crying, why? Because I thought I would have died. I am not crying because of what happened to day, but the past memories, my past memories that seems to hunt me now. I mean, why remember all those now.

"Here, here." Ali calmed me down after a while.

"Sorry." I began playing with my fingers feeling a pang of guilt.

"For?" She questioned harshly. "Don't say." She pulled me in and hugged me a little tight. "We shouldn't have played the game, we are past that age, we should know better."

She helped me to my feet and I turned around looking forward inhaling a deep amount of oxygen softly and I saw... My... Mom. I was about to shout her name, mama, the way we Spanish kids say it but I held myself, she doesn't deserve it.

"She has been standing there for some time now, she saw the whole thing." Ardalia spoke beside me in a low voice. "Her eyes, Luc, speaks something else."

I know, since I locked contact with her, I read it, but why, oh, she must have known why I cried hard, of course, she knows.

She walked away to the entrance of the house, of course, not a smile or an acknowledgement. I was about to turn around to walk away too but saw my grans and I smiled brightly with all my teeth out for an advert but reading their facial expressions, I smiled a sad one nodding my head assuring them I am well and I walked into my room.

"Do you wish to be alone?" Linda asked sitting next to me on my bed.

"No."

"Wouldn't have agreed to a yes."

I chuckled at that.

A knock came.

"Yeah?"

"Ma, dinner is served."

"Thanks, we will be down in a few or on a second thought..."

"If you were about to say you will have dinner in your room then please don't. Your mother specifically asked me to call you."

Ugh...

"We will be down, thanks.

"She doesn't bite, you know." He cracked a blatant joke and I laughed at that.

"You okay?" Linda held my right hand.

"Not going off to a battlefield." I joked.

Eating in a dreadful silence is worse to eating alone in a big dining hall. I am not chewing my food, just swallowing it so, I can get out of here.