Chapter 22

(J Balvin- Qué Màs Pues? Ft. Maria Becerra)

I came back late last night, the only people that are aware of that are the guards, the girls and the cameras. We slept in our room cause we'll be going back home today after school.

"Where were you last night Lucky?" Uncle stopped eating waiting for an answer.

I thought they weren't back yet? "I was with Gio, We were doing our assignment, it's a group work." I swallowed a mouthful of Guava juice to stop myself from saying our exact location.

Uncle scoffed lightly continuing his breakfast. "Yes... how?... No... I'm on my way." He smiled before leaving.

"You were at his office?" Belinda started her interrogation slicing her beef.

"Yeah." A day I won't forget, a crazy day but I like it. Weird.

"In his workplace?" She continued, brutally slicing the meat. "What's going on between you guys?"

"Nothing at all." I took a sip of my juice, I don't know which is better fresh chilled Kiwi juice? Or fresh chilled Guava juice? Or maybe chilled Mango?

"Girls, the car is ready to take you to school." Nanny Vanessa muttered, she isn't happy we aren't staying long.

"Oh, the boys are driving us nanny." Alicia chortled at her expression.

"Hmph." Nanny left the dinning hall in a grumpy mood.

"The boys? I'll ride alone, again." I sighed feeling hurt. They seem to enjoy their relationship so much that I now ride alone.

"Well, Andrés told me Gio is happy with you riding alone and he'll drive you from now onwards." Ardalia said in a teasing tone. "I'm happy Lucky, really. I hope you find happiness real soon."

I gave her my confused face, what does she mean by he's happy with me riding alone? And what happiness? I'm happy with the people in my life.

"You'll understand soon love." Alicia chuckled shaking her head. "You know, I think it's what happened to you in the past that's affecting you to know something like this. It's like you purposely shut down that part without you knowledge Luc." She became teary. "We've been through a lot and..."

"Good morning our lovely ladies." Aiden chirped entering the room with the boys.

"Good morning." I gave a genuine smile to Gio when he sat beside me.

"You never use 'good' but I'll accept it nevertheless." Giovanni took my juice talking a gulp before winking. "Good morning Lucky." He breathed smiling.

Wow... he looks cute? Cool? Fresh? Handsome? Yes but why would he drink from my glass.

"What's the occasion? You're all dressed in formal wears." Lia's voice snapped my out of my thoughts.

"You forgot princésa? Today is the Talk Day." Andrés stated eating from her spoon.

Oh, the Talk Day didn't even stick to my memory. It's going to be a long day today, few of the school's Alumnus and few of the students in school who is independent despite their parents' wealth will give a brief speech, mostly to encourage and motivate us.

"Shall we?" Ali asked when we finished eating.

"No." Aiden shook his head in denial. "You girls have to change out of your uniforms."

"Why?" I was confused, if no uniforms then what should we put on?

"Everyone will be wearing mufti today." Edward answered. "It will be odd if only you girls wear uniforms." He held Linda's eyes for long.

"Let's go." Linda stood up exiting the hall. The look in Edward's eyes is the same look Mr. Armoni gave me.

"You guys can wait in the living room." I suggested leaving them to be before going to my room.

When I moved out I took more than half of my wardrobe with me, I don't think I have what to wear for this event I have mostly sleeping wears and few casuals. I walked in my walk-in closet. I gasped when I saw it filled with different wears and not a space is spared. "How...?" I don't remember going shopping or ordering from the designers.

I went to the formal wear shelves contemplating on what to wear, any colour is fine but something less formal and less casual. "This one." I love it, a hot pink cropped blazer and mini skirt.

I matched it with a handbag with long straps, pencil heels, diamond stud earrings and a neck chain that fits perfectly around my neck and did my hair in Halo braids with a side pattern. I sprayed hair oil to make it shiny and lastly I applied lip gloss on my lips, I looked at myself in the full length mirror and I look stunning, I hope this isn't too much I'm already a black brown skin beauty and this outfit just enhanced it.

I went to Lia's room after taking a coat keeping it on my hand since we're indoors guessing she'll want to make an entrance in front of the boys. "You look lovey." She has this innocent face and her being in this wear makes her look like a naïve angel.

"And you look great." Lia complimented holding my hand.

"Let's get the girls after that we make an entrance." I chuckled at the tone she used.

We walked down stopping the conversation going on among the boys. Funny, they look like they saw their favorite person in years. Gio looks cute with that expression, his eyes slightly wide with a bewildered expression.

Gio met us midway offering me his hand and I took it descending the stairs with him with a bright smile on my face. I'm glad that the bad blood between us is gone and we are... are? I don't know.

He opened the door to his car helping me in, God he looks breathtaking in his white checkered suit. I wonder why he's single.

"You look beautiful Luc, even sexy." He caressed my cheek with his thump. Today his driver is driving and we are in the back seat.

"And you look like you." I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing at his facial reaction.

"Just that?" He pouted angling his head to the side, awwwn cute.

"Yep." I busted out in laughter not able to contain it any longer. "You look handsome and breathtaking Gio."

"As expected." He adjusted the sides of his suit lightly in a proud manner making me bellow with laughter.

"Ma, Sir we're here." The driver informed still leaving the car on.

"Here." Gio opened the door for me giving me his hand.

"What a gentleman.' I teased and we chuckled.

"Progress." Edward smirked when we got to them.

"Can't wait." Andrés added smiling like a clown.

"Sir, the program is about to commence." The principal reminded when he saw Gio.

"Shall we?" I asked smiling.

He took my hand wrapping it around his hand. "We shall mademoiselle."

We sat in the first row with the high officials in school and the Alumnus.

Why are they sitting in the front row!

What else? Their boyfriend's of course.

But Lucky, she isn't dating any of them.

She is their grilfriends' best friend, reaping what she did not sow.

They should enjoy it while it last.

'Reaping what she did not sow' sliced my broken heart. Gio shot them a blank look and they shut up.

"Welcome to this term's Talk Day..." The principal started, giving a short talk about what will take place today before introducing the Alumnus present and giving credits to the school officials and the Chairman for making it a reality. "And I will like to call the Chairman on stage." A massive applause went off behind us, girls.

"I personally welcome you to today's program, i am Giovanni Augustus the Chairman of Augustus Academy." He speaks with confidence emitting his intimidating aura. He gave his speech which amazed me. He look breathtaking in his stance and the way he took over everyone's attention. He ended his speech introducing the next person on stage before he taking his sit, I smiled when our eyes met.

The program went on and in between I missed my parents badly, most of the speeches involves how their parents' contributed to their success and them being their driving tool. I wish I could hug momma and dad, it's been so long, I miss them but I know they don't want me talk less of hugging me. I took in a deep shaky breath to stop the memories from flooding in, I turned when I felt someone's constant stare. Travis? I pretended I did not see him concentrating on the event.

"Are you okay?" Gio asked when he noticed me rubbing my fingers together.

"Yeah." I assured him taking a deep breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think about the progress between Gio and Lucky? And why Travis showed up of a sudden?

고마워요!

Leave your thoughts and vote!