Chapter 14

I was ready, the dress fits perfectly, it flows freely from the waist down. My shape can be clearly seen making me look hot and above my age, I paired the dress with a white flower shaped earring I left my neck bare, a white pencil heels and a white mini purse.

Knock Knock

“Luc?” Belinda called. “The boys are here.”

“I’ll be down.” I responded, I disconnected my phone from the charger before heading down.

“Finally.” Ardalia whined like a kid. “Time to make an entrance.” She sang.

We're all in floor length dresses with different designs and colour. Belinda's in a velvet dress, Alicia is in a black dress and Ardalia as a leaf green dress with a thigh split.

We walked down the stairs our heels making clinking sounds and it got their attention.

“Princesa.” Andrés gasped, their formal wears matched the colour of our dress.

They stretched forth their hands to us and we took it taking the last step down. I wasn't expecting Gio to offer me his hand.

“Shall we?” Gio asked I nodded in response.

He's wearing a white shirt dress shirt, a black tie and a three piece royal blue suit with a white pocket square embroidered with black thread at the edges tucked in his breast pocket. A lot of girls will trip on their heels this evening.

He opened the door of his Bugatti Voiture Notre for me before he turned round to the drivers side after shutting the door close for me.

We drove behind our bodyguards, three SUVs in front, the guys cars behind and two heavily tinted SUVs behind them.

We drove in silence. He stopped in front of the building, a red carpet spread forming an aisle reporters at both sides flashing their cameras.

“You don't have to answer anything.” He broke the silence looking at me. “You know the drill “ He got out turning round to open the door for me.

Being born with a golden spoon I was used to it, the only problem I have is, the news will reach Brian cause this is the first time I accepted to be someone’s date for an event.

Mr. Augustus what's your relationship with Miss Lozano?

Are you both a couple now?

Miss Quinn, how is your relationship with Mr. Buffet? You have not been seen together in public for a while now?

Miss Quinn, are Mr. and Mrs. Quinn aware of your relationship with Mr. Buffet?

Our bodyguards formed a circle with us in the middle shielding us from their flashing cameras, my hand entwined with Gio's. Gossip mongers, they'll add anything to fill their papers.

“Miss Quinn, are Mr. and Mrs. Quinn aware of your relationship with Mr. Buffet?” Alicia mocked in a low voice. Our bodyguards stopped escorting us when the reporters were out of sight.

“They'll be cleared out when the programme starts.” Aiden reassured, I don't like them one bit.

When my parents stopped caring, they published all sort of articles labelling me as the 'abandoned princess.’ They stopped when my parents started putting on a show of affection in public for eyes to feed on.

Gio nodded at the doorman signaling him to open the door. The room was pin drop silent when we walked in, the ladies are salivating at the boys and the guys are giving us a strange looks. Gio removed his hand from my hold placing it on my waist.

“Mr. Augustus.” Mr. Herrmann greeted offering his hand for a handshake. He owns an investing firm, he's a friend of my parents.

“Lucky.” Mr. Herrmann smiled. “Your parents said they won't be available for the event.”

I gave him a curt not. “Yes, they are out of town.” Brian and I talk often on the phone and that's how I got to know.

He nodded his head diving in business talk with Gio. I got tired of listening after a few minutes.

“Please excuse me.” Gio removed his hand glancing at my face then my lips. Strange.

I walked to the dessert table, I took a saucer and three toothpicks. I used one to pick grapes and the others for marshmallows and shortbread, I rolled the sticks in the chocolate fountain. Gio gave a short speech thanking the donors and telling them why their donations are important.

“There she is.” A voice mocked behind me. I turned around just to see Cecilia and Blanca. “Not happy to see us?”

“I’ll watch my back I were you.” Blanca warned storming off.

Bring it on

I felt my phone vibrating in my purse.

Where are you?- Giovanni

Desert table- Luc

“(Clears throat.)” I looked at the man who cleared his throat, he looks 28? “Sorry to disturb you, I am Emilio Armoni, you are?” He introduced himself.

“Lucky, Lucky Lozano.” I replied, he took my hand kissing my knuckles.

“The Lozano's little princess.” Mr. Armoni chirped smiling in satisfaction. “It’s our first meeting, mind taking a walk with me?”

“The only one walking away is you.” Gio came into view wrapping his hands around… my waist?

“My Augustus, not bad.” Mr. Armoni gestured his hand to tonight event. “It’s been long.”

“I did not send you an invite.” Gio calmly said.

“Plus one.” Mr. Armoni replied smirking.

“Pity.” Gio mumbled walking away with me in his arms. “Why were you with him?” He questioned when were far from him.

“He talked to me first and I can be with anyone.” I muttered freeing myself from his hold. “My sisters, where are they?”

“They left earlier.” He held my hand. “Let’s go.”

“But you're the host.” I refuted, we barely spent an hour here.

“My P.A will handle things here.” He started, opening the back door. “I handled the vitals.”

His car was out already, we boarded his car with him driving behind an SUV.

“Did they leave at the same time?” I asked not understanding why I wasn't informed by them.

“Yes, we were searching for you that’s why.” He explained. Neither of us talked till I got home.

“Thanks.” I got down from his car.

“Someone’s being nice.” He teased turning in his seat.

“I now consider you a friendly acquaintance Gio.” We judged each other wrongly and got to know a little bit about ourselves. “Good night.“ I shut the door watching him drive off.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣