Chapter 12

[Gio's POV]

“Augustus.” Travis muttered aiming his fist at my face.

I dodged it, we fought, we both got bruises and my hands are bleeding but that won't stop.

"Always remember this, she is mine. Always has been and always will be." He spat out blood using his sleeves to wipe the corners of his mouth.

We fought till I gave him a brutal punch and he blacked out.

"Luc, Lucky.” I rushed to her side and... This is bad,  she is shivering die to anxiety and shock.

Don't cry, don’t cry

Don't cry, don't cry

She kept mumbling like a mantra but it isn’t working.

I took her in my arms. “Lucky?” I layed her flat on a couch.

Don't cry, don’t cry

Don't cry, don't cry

You are a stronger than this

Breathe in, breathe out

She keeps repeating the same thing and my heart aches at her state that is why I released my anger on him.

“Where does it hurt?” I tried to unbutton her school’s shirt but her hand stopped me. “I won't hurt you Luc, you can trust me.”

“What js going on here?” Linda demanded rushing to Luc when she saw her. “Luc, Luc. No, this isn't good."

Don't cry, don’t cry

Don't cry, don't cry

Where did she learn that from? I feel like digging him twevle feet under after letting the vultures feed on his dead body.

“Luc, Lucky, it's me Linda.” Linda caressed her bruised face. “Hey, hey, it's me, just me.”

“It’s...hurts.” Luc's voice came out full of pain. “A lot.”

“Call an ambulance!” Linda demanded, she's restless.

We are waiting outside Luc's room, it's not a serious case. I think she reacted that due to extreme shock. I turned my head in the direction of rushed footsteps.

“Where is she?” Ali asked.

“She is being attended to.” Linda answered wiping the tears that fell out. Edward took her in his arms comforting her.

“What happened?” Lia's face looks pale. “Is she…”

“Yes, she is.” Linda replied to her incomplete question. “It's all because of Travis, he…. he….” She sobbed covering her mouth.

“Gio?” Edward asked me with his eyes.

“He tried to have his way with her and he treated her has a punching bag.” I shouldn't have left her with him knowing who he is. I should have stopped the relationship from happening.

“Doctor? My son? Travis Du Pont.” Mrs. Du Pont sobbed after receiving the news. She is being overly dramatic, he's not in a coma.

“Your son is a monster!” Ali shouted wailing in pain. “He deserves what he got, he deserves more!”

“I dare you to repeat yourself young lady.” Mrs. Du Pont tried to intimidate her.

“Your. Son. Is. A. Monster!!” She roared out.

“How impetuous!” Mrs. Du Pont's fuming in fury. “Is this how Mrs. Quinn trained you?”

“I dare you to say it to her face.” Ali retorted taking dangerous steps.