Chapter 31

I took the late morning flight which was about three hours plus. I arrived in Dar Es Salaam few minutes ago and I'm about to board a plane to Iringa and it's an hour flight. I would love to go by road but it is almost nine hours drive, if I'm right.

Finally, I closed my eyes sinking deep in my seat. I'm going sleep this one through, I slept really late last night. I was being updated about my restaurant and my search, the mission.

I sat up straight and buckled my belt after the pilot announced our take off. Honestly... Most times, I hardly hear the announcements, it's all muffled.

Enjoying the scenery for a few minutes before I decided to take a nap.

Who's on my tail?... Did I make the right decision?... Is he doing as planned?... Why do I feel like there is more to it?... What am I missing?...

Lucky dear, I will go see dad first before I take you to school.

Dad! Can I come?... I wanna see Poppy!

No Princess, I'm going to one of his sites and not his office.

Okay momma...

Come here my little princess, momma's going to adore you with kisses, lots of kisses.

Haha... Mom! I'm no longer sad, momma filled me with sweetness already!

And that's all I ask for.

"Uncle, when will mommy be here?" She's been gone for an hour now, she left me behind in the car with the driver.

"Soon child." He smiled answering me.

"Okay." I smiled showing my dimples. "Uhh! Uncle, why is daddy's sites in areas like this? It's scary, why not in neighbourhoods like his office?"

"Grow up for now little one." He playfully pulled my nose.

It's scary, where in the middle of a forest and there are no passing vehicles.

"Get out of the car!" He hurriedly got down and carried me out of the car running like someone's hot on our tail.

"Uncle, what's wrong?" Why do I feel dizzy? "Momma!" I'm all smiles seeing the car my mom rode in from afar.

"It's not safe." He mumbled, still running.

"Aaah!!" It sounded... Sounded like a gunshot.

"Close your eyes little one." He used his palm to cover my eyes.

"Seize fire!!"

"Lucky!"

"Mom!" I jumped down running into her arms. "Aaah!!!"

"It's okay my dear... Shh, it's okay." She hugged me tight holding my head in place.

"Ma'am, it's not safe here, it's best we leave now."

"Let's go." She carried me and I peeped to see... Uncle... He... He's dead, he... Got shot.

"Miss, are you okay?"

I woke up to someone's voice. "Yeah... Yes"

"Are you sure? Can I get you anything?" The air hostess asked looking concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine." I took a deep breath using my palms to rub my face gently. I... Cried, my palms are wet and my shirt is drenched. I glanced around to see if I attracted attention to myself but we are few, I boarded the first class flight.

"Miss, here, water." She handed me a glass of water, I took a gulp and gave it back. "We will be landing soon." She informed me, giving me a comfortng smile.