Chapter 27

Krewella – Alibi

“Fudge.” What kind of sleeping position is this? "Ouch.” My back hurts, I tried again, turning around so I’m resting on my back. “Ardalia, you're sleeping on me girl.” We're all sprawled out on Alicia’s bed like dead zombies. “Yikes!” I stretched my muscles when I finally got off the bed.

I went to her bathroom to splash water on my face sighing silently cause my back still hurts. I opened one of the drawers taking a face towel to pat my face dry. What time is it?” I'm hungry… hmm. I got out of her bathroom with a new mission… to go find food.

“We need to talk.” Linda patted a space on the bed.

But I’m hungry. “Maybe later.” I took a step forward when my stomach growled loudly.

“Just sit.” Lia rolled her eyes eyeing me carefully.

I patted my stomach pitifully and sat. “Sooo?” I answered all their questions truthfully.

“You know, what Aiden said this morning is still on my mind.” She voiced out, squeezing the stress ball in her hand.

“That is…” Food… what should I eat? I'm craving something spicy… something sweet… something…

”Lucky!” Alicia snapped her fingers repeatedly raising an eyebrow. “Hmm… here.” She tossed me a pack of dried fruit she took from one of her bed side drawers.

“Where were we?” I smiled opening the pack, at least it's something.

“Did you perhaps see anyone last? Or this morning?” She asked stealing a dried fruit from me.

“Go get yours.” I hugged it to my chest sticking my tongue out at her.

“Be serious.” Linda snapped, massaging her wrist. It's something she does when something’s bothering her.

“No.” Yeah, and I’ve looked into it just waiting for the call. “You okay?” I eyed her wrist making my point known.

“A call from my mom.” She took the stress ball from Lia tossing it from one hand to the other. “It’s the upcoming family gathering and the meeting will take place at my… no, at her home.”
I smiled slightly, munching my dried fruits. “Any reason why?” A meeting? It should be a Christmas gathering.

“Nah.” She squeezed life out of the ball… at least it's lifeless.

“Okay.” I got off the bed. “Now…"

“Food.” Ali completed, nodding her head.

“What? The drive took a toll on me and it's… 8pm?” See! We missed lunch! But wait 8?... We arrived in the afternoon, lazed in Ali's room before slept. But wait, what kind of sleep was that? I mean we missed lunch! Food!

After dinner, I watched The Real and Ellen on YouTube then worked till 2am in the morning before going through my books for my upcoming exams. I'm ready for it, I enjoy exams… strange, I know.

I dropped my own and that's it for today's revision. I took my plushie from the shelf I kept it in and say I my balcony waiting for sunrise.

“Sorry, I haven't had time for you.” I'm curling my finger in it’s mane, it's a medium sized midnight black horse in a rear posture. I love horses, I love to ride them… it's soothing and feels really nice when the wind rushes pass me. “Hmm… the stars are shining bright tonight Louise.”

I got it has a present from her, I love it. “Do you think they are trying to pass a message?” It would be nice to be an astronomer. To be able to predict the future and read a few people’s horoscope.

“Aruemdabda(beautiful).” The sunrise is breathtaking. Watching the sunrise and sunset, stargazing and putting names to cloud forms and shapes brings me comfort and brings a smile to my face beknowst to me. How I knew that, I saw myself in a picture Lia took of me few years back.

“Guess it's time to get ready for school.” I walked back to the shelf keeping Louise on the cushion in her spot. “Guess I’ll see you later.” I weaved my fingers through her mane one last time before getting ready for school.

School is like a graveyard now, nothing new. No one is smiling, no one is messing around cause exam is knocking on our doors. This week? Will be long and boring.

We have no classes, just us and our books. We can read anywhere we want, as long as it's in an orderly manner, if not? We'll get reprimanded.

I’m in the school’s dining hall and it's just me and my music. I’m listening to War by ArDee and Aitch when someone sat in front of me.

“Let’s talk.” Haa, Miss. Sassy is here.

I removed the earpiece from my left ear giving her my divided attention. “Why?”

“Apologize.” Blanca stated, trying to intimidate me with her petty aura.

I gave her the knowing smirk adding my daring smize. “Why?”

“Do it.” She furrowed her brows still trying her luck.

“Dreams are for sleeping my dear.” I stood up about to leave when I remembered something. “Oh, yeah I forgot. One plus one gives you two and it takes two to tango.” My smirk deepened when it irked her.

I texted the girls when I got home to let them know I wasn’t in school. I took permission from school feigning I was really ill and needed to go see my doctor for a follow up.

Entering my room, I kept my bag and what I purchased on my way home on my study table. “Come here.” I weaved my fingers in Louise's mane putting her on my bed then went to shower to get all comfy. I don’t know why I’m just feeling lazy today, maybe is because I didn't get a wink of sleep last night.

Switching the TV on and putting it on Cake Boss, I grabbed the pizza box, the box of chicken wings and soda that came along with it before getting comfy in bed. “So, we have Extravaganza pizza with double the toppings and cheese, chicken wings with ketchup plus a bottle of soda. Just right for the lazy atmosphere.”