Chapter 9

Where are you?- Lucky.

I waited five minutes for his reply.

Private floor- Giovanni.

What about the project?- Lucky.

Room 09- Giovanni.

I went in the direction of his private floor, this is my second time coming here. The first, was when we ate lunch together. Opening the door to the room, it as an indoor pool with lane lines for laps. How can he swim when the weather is preparing us for winter? He's good.

“Gio.” I made my presence known.

“A minute.” He did one last lap. He emerged from the pool water dripping down his built body, sunlight basking his skin, his chest glistening.

“Take a picture.” His voice snapped me out of my trance. “I’ll be back.”

“Where are you going?” I thought we are going to work on the project.

“We should work like this?” He is referring to his black bathrobe he is now wearing. “It won't be a bad idea.”

I took two steps back putting some space between us when he was at closest proximity. “I have a boyfriend.”

“Tell that to a novice.” He scoffed. “Do you even love him?”

No, but you don't need to know anything about my relationship with Travis.

“Let me rephrase. Do you like him?” He muttered taking a step forward.

I answered with silence. He is not as rumors portray him to be.

”Room 11 in five.” He walked away from me slamming the door behind him.

What is his problem?

“You are late, my time is precious.” He tapped his wrist watch. “History section 15 on the right, second floor, the elevator is by your left and the stairs is in front of you.”

I took the elevator wanting to get this over with. It wasn't hard finding Japan's history books, it is arranged alphabetically. I took two history books one for me and the other for him, since I took private lessons has a child we should be through with this in one week.

“Here.” I kept the book on the table in front of him and took my sit opposite him.

“I only have two hours to spare. My time is gold.” He stopped typing on his PC. “The first hour, you will use it to work on your part while I work and 30 minutes to review what you must have done and 30 minutes to work on my part.” We are working on four states’ history in Japan.

“Whatever.” I wouldn’t care less if his time is diamond. I connected my iPod to my headphone.

I wrote down what I could remember about the country's history. I made use of the book, it was really helpful. I used three foolscap sheets to summarize a state's history in Japan after outlining the important point. I was fully immersed with the history project I lost track of time.

“Lucky!” Giovanni roared out taking my headphone off. I glared at him waiting for an answer for his rude behavior. “I called you several times already.” He gave me back my gadget. “Your time is up, the papers."

Who does he think he is? “And who are you to order me around? So what if your time is platinum.” I' have had enough of this.

“You wouldn't know the value of time because you are a spoit brat.” He muttered through gritted teeth. “A spoilt princess who thinks the world is pure candy.”

“Excuse me? You know nothing about me.” I can't believe.. this… this squashed melon. “You are nothing but an arrogant numskull.”

“If I were you, I’ll watch what I say.” He said calmly.

“Or what?” I gave daring remark. There is nothing he can do other than to kick me out of his school. “You wi email me an expulsion letter?” I chirped in a high pitched voice.

“I will dig your deepest scar and use it against you.” He leaned back in his seat picking my papers up reviewing them.

My deepest scar? This squashed melon! I needed no flaw reminders on my neck now, they've been quiet for a while now.

“I guess I was wrong.” He started, dropping the papers on the table. “I thought you were a beauty with water in her brain.”

“Excuse me?” This arrogant… arrogant ugh!!

“I know you get A's in all your subjects.” He began. “I thought you wouldn't be able to pull it off without your private teacher.”

I stopped private lessons before I became I teenager Mister. “You know nothing about me.” I took my bag wanting to take my leave.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Email me your part, I’ll review it and send a copy of what we have done.” I said leaving him to his work. I heard footsteps behind me. “Aren’t you supposed be working?”

“I’m driving you home.” He stated. “I know Du Ponche drove you this morning.”

“I’ll call my driver.” The girls would be busy and I don't need him to drive me home.

“I’m not asking.” He held my hand.

“Let go of me.” I tried breaking free from his grip but his damn strong.

We exited the school’s main door. The baseball team, Blanca and her minions and Travis were laughing about something, they stopped when Gio slammed the door.

“Luc?” Travis' jaw clenching. “Augustus.”

“Unfaithful partner.” Blanca uttered shaking her head patting Travis' shoulder.

“You are diving in danger and you refuse to listen.” Gio whispered in my ear before walking to his Bugatti Divo.

“Travis I…” I was interrupted.

“I'll drive you.” He walked to his car.

The drive was suffocating, why is he so calm? I thought he got it all wrong?

“Thank you.” I did nothing wrong, why is he giving me the silent treatment? “It is not what you are thinking.”

“Good night Lucky, I will pick you up in the morning.” He drove off when I alighted his car.

I reviewed Gio's part and sent him a copy. I’m now working, I own a restaurant, Afrisiana. I work from home. I sold my Rolls Royce I got for my thirteenth birthday to use it as the capital. It wasn't easy when I started, I hardly got customers and I did not want to use my family’s influence. I got a manager has my brother advised, only the manager, the girls and Brain knows I am the owner.

It is not what you think it is, Travis- Lucky.

We were working on a project- Lucky.

He did not reply, you’re diving in danger and you refuse to listen. I don't want to judge base on hearsays.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

You guys commenting, reading, voting and adding to your reading list touches me. Thank you for all the love and support.

Squashed melon:-)) Please leave a comment and vote.