"Sorry, he's just so gorgeous."

Me and Gwen talked for a few minutes as people piled into the seats around us. As the assembly started Rick started hustling the kids in front of us. He was complaining that his younger brother didn't get to play on the JV team because of them.

"Rick knock it off, will you?" I scoffed. He glared at me then sat back in his seat. I couldn't stand Rick. He was so uptight and cocky. Typical jock.

As the assembly went on, some ruckus was heard from behind the curtain and within a minute the curtain was tore down, revealing about half a dozen kids on the floor trampling over each other.

"Uh...hi." A boy said embarrassed. "We're the ducks." The whole crowd erupted with laughter. My eyes scanned the group and I couldn't help but laugh. They all looked so clueless.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After we were dismissed, me and Gwen went over our schedules together to see if we had any classes together. They were nearly identical. The only difference was she took French while I had a study hall.

"Oh there's my dad. He's talking to the ducks. C'mon I want him to meet you." She was all giddy. She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to her dad.

"Wow,you've got a grip." I said while trying to keep up.

We approached her dad who was talking to the ducks still. When we walked over he turned his attention to us.

"Hi, honey." He said while smiling at Gwen. "Who's your friend?"

"Hi, Dad, this is Tarynn Holland!" He smiled at me as he seemed to recognize my last name.

"Nice to meet you Tarynn. So nice to have another Holland attend Eden hall." I smiled sheepishly. "Gwen, would you and Tarynn be so kind as to give the new students a tour?"

"Of course!" Gwen was so excited to just be alive. She was so willing to do anything. "Follow us."

"Gwen I should get back to my brother." I suggested.

"Yeah right. Come on." My attempt had failed.

I walked next to Gwen as she gave a detailed tour.

"How did you guys like playing in the goodwill game?" She asked.

"It was amazing. Really nice experience." Julie replied.

"Oh I bet! I watched it on tv, did you,Tarynn?" She asked while turning to me.

"I did. That's the only thing my brother had on in the house." I said.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After a very long,unbearable,detailed tour, we all went to our first class.

Gwen and I had math first. Unfortunately. We made our way to our classroom and sat where we were told.

Our desks were in pairs I sat in the second row third column, and Gwen was on the second row second column. People piled into the classroom and a cute boy sat next to Gwen and she looked at me wides eyed and her mouth agape. I laughed at her excitement as she began to talk to him.

The teacher directed a boy to the seat next to me, and just my luck.. It was a boy from the ducks team. I sat silently, not saying a word to the blonde haired boy next to me.

I didn't know his name and I didn't want to know his name. He was a jock. I wished I hadn't hated them, but they're almost all the same.

My ex was a jock, a hockey jock to be exact, and he absolutely ruined my view on love. I know I'm young but I was able to understand what was and wasn't love. For a while my view was distorted. I thought: "every couple fights like this." And "this is normal relationships stuff." Boy was I wrong. Yeah, couples fight but they don't have screaming battles every other day. I thought it was normal to go to bed almost every night thinking I did something wrong. It wasn't. I saw how my brother and his friends acted. They were just like Wyatt, and I wanted to stay as far away from those kind of people as I could. Seeing as I was sitting right next to a jock, it wasn't going to plan.

The teacher took attendance and I learned that his name was Guy.Guy Germaine. I didn't want to learn his name but I did. He seemed quiet, but so did everyone, it was the first day after all. We went over the classroom syllabus and we're given the rest of the class to just chill out. I turned to Gwen was turned to me and was smiling bigger than ever before.

She gasped.

"Oh my gosh! Who's that cutie next to you." She whispered.

"I don't know. Some jock. Guy, I think his name is. He's on the ducks team." I whispered back.

"Gosh, he's pretty." She admired him.

"Oh- okay, stop staring it's weird." I laughed.

"Sorry, he's just so gorgeous." She beamed.

"Then ask him out." I joked.

"What? No! Have you seen the guy next to me, your boy is pretty, mine is smokin'!" She whisper yelled.

"Ok he's not 'my boy'" I started, before being interrupted by Gwen.

"But he could be! Honestly you guys would make a cute couple."

"What? Gwen- we don't even know him." I reminded her. "Plus, I don't date jocks."

"Ok ok, for now." She laughed. I scoffed at her ridiculous fantasy. Yeah he was cute, but so were a lot of the jocks. Can't judge a book by its cover. Kinda hypocritical, considering I dislike all jocks, I know, but would you read the next book in the series of the first one sucked? I didn't think so.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After class was dismissed I got up and walked out with Gwen, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and I turned around. And to my surprise it was Guy

"You dropped this." The boy handed me my notebook that I unknowingly dropped.

"Oh, thank you." I gave him a faint smile.

"Yeah, no problem." He ran off to catch up with his friends.

I saw Gwen smile at me. I shut her done right away "don't even." I ordered.

She laughed at me and threw her hands up as a sign of surrender.

I hated being so negative towards a group of people because of one person, but I was just so scared of being hurt the same way.