"I'd really miss this."

At around 6:15 that day, I get a call on the phone in my room. I reach over to grab the phone and answer it.

"Tarynn and Gwen's dorm." I answered.

"Hey, Tar, it's Guy." I furrowed my eyebrows. He never calls my phone. He just shows up.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Uhm, do you wanna, uhm, come over?" He asked.

"I mean..I would but I have homework." I teased. He didn't get the joke.

"Oh, okay, that's fine. Maybe to-" I stopped him mid sentence.

"You're so oblivious. I was joking. You've known me for how long, and you think I actually care about homework? It's a Friday night." I heard him nervously chuckle from the other end of the line. "Where do you live?"

"Actually, I'm right outside the school at the payphone. I just got back from the game. Meet me there."

"Ok, I'll just.." I was cut off by just a dial tone, I figured the time on the pay phone was up.

I got up and left a note for Gwen, grabbed my jacket and shoes and walked out my dorm.

I walked to the front of the school where he said he would be and there he was, sitting on the bench. He looked over when he heard my foot steps and stood up.

"I live like five minutes away." He told me.

"Okay, let's go."

As we walked I kicked the rock on the ground in front of me the whole way.

"Are you gonna do that the entire way?" He asked in a joking manner.

"Yes. Yes I am." I replied proudly.

"Ok, then..." He remarked.

"You say I'm no fun...I have fun, then you judge me." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"If you consider kicking a rock fun, then I stand my ground on the fact that you are no fun." He teased.

"That's a lie. You secretly do think I'm fun. Why else would you spend all your free time with me?" I raised an eyebrow at him and smiled.

"Ah, you got me! That's exactly why!" He joked.

"Y'know, scientifically, I'm fun. My mom was fun, my dads fun, so genetically, I'm actually fun." I gave him a proud look.

"Hm, must be recessive." He shot back.

"I have no idea what that means." I rolled my eyes at him and he gave me his usual "Are you serious?" Look. I just shrugged him off.

After a few more minutes of walking, we arrived at his house. It was gorgeous from the outside. He had 5 stairs leading up to his door and his porch, which was beautifully decorated for autumn. I was in awe. Even more so when we walked in.

It was decorated in an Rustic Autumn kind of style. It was really comforting. It smelled like cinnamon sugar and pumpkin spice.

"Hey, mom! I'm home." Guy called out. His mom walked out from the kitchen wearing an apron that was covered in flour. She reminded me of my mom. My mom was always baking or in the kitchen.

"Hi, babe." She greeted. "Are you Tarynn?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Hi, Mrs.Germaine."

"Oh, please, call me Val." I smiled at her and nodded. "Guy has told me so much about you!"

"Oh really?" I looked to Guy, who's face was turning pink.

"Mom..." He whined.

"Good things, I hope." I noted.