"I'm not grumpy."

After Adam and Guy walked us back, we said our goodbyes and went into our dorm. I laid on my bed and as soon as I shut my eyes I heard squealing.

"Oh em gee. That was so fun. Oh, he's so cute. And so sweet. They paid for us!" She exclaimed.

"Gwen, take a breath." I laughed at the ecstatic girl.

"He totally had the hots for youuu!"

"He does not." I replied.

"Don't lie. And you have the hots for him." She smiled big and flopped on her bed. "You had fun."

"I did." I started.

"I knew it!"

"But that doesn't mean I like him. I just met him." I explained.

"Uh huh." She joked.

"No. No 'uh huh'. I don't like him. Remember what I said? I don't date-" she cut me off before I could finish.

"I know, you don't date jocks." She mocked. "But couldn't you make an exception? I mean is he really a jock?"

"...Yeah. Well, I mean, maybe he's not a jerk but neither was Wyatt." I stated.

"Who's Wyatt?" She asked. My heart dropped. The mention of him did that all the time.

"My ex-boyfriend. He was so sweet when we started dating, then it was like..he just got sick of me or something." I explained.

"I'm sorry..but that's just one guy. You never know. You might be surprised." She said as she walked into the bathroom.

No way. There's no way I could ever like a jock. I tried to keep my mind off of it and decided to just go to sleep. I got into my pajamas and drifted off to sleep.

-

The next morning when I woke up I glanced at my alarm clock.

"4:00 AM." I still had two hours till I had to get up but for some reason I wasn't tired. I decided to lay on my bed until then. I pulled the cover over my body and tuned over to face the wall. I couldn't sleep, but I didn't want to get up so the only thing I could do was think. Think a lot. Maybe too much. I laid there thinking about school, and home. And although I hated myself for it, I was thinking of Wyatt. I hated him. So much. But I still missed him, way more than I'd like to admit. Guy reminded me of him. For no apparent reason. They were nothing alike but when I would look at him all I could think about was Wyatt. I suppose it's because Gwen had been bothering me about getting with him, but all I could think about was how much I wanted Wyatt. I had to get over him.

-
I ended up drifting to sleep while deep thinking. I woke up for a second time at 6:00 AM. I got up and slumped to the bathroom to run myself a shower. I tied my hair up and got in. I let the water stream down my back as I washed my face.

I finished my shower and got dressed. I decided to wear a nirvana t-shirt with baggy jeans with a belt. I put on my sneakers and went to do my hair. I let it all down and put in my anti-frizz oil. I applied my mascara and blush, then a thin layer of lipgloss.

"Good morning!" Gwen exclaimed.

" morning" I replied.

"I had the best dream! So, I was at a hockey game and like Adam was playing. And he saw me in the crowd and smiled at me. And at the end of the dream we kissed! Oh, how magical." She jumped all around as she straightened her hair.

"Wow, that sound like...a lot." I teased. "Come on we're gonna be late."

She followed after me and we walked to math class and took our seats. Soon after, Guy walked in and took his seat next to me.

"Good Morning." He greeted.

"What's good about it?" I asked as I slumped further in my seat.

"Someone grumpy." He teased.

"I'm not grumpy." I shot back.

"Oh, okay. My bad, cranky." I glared at him and he threw up his hands as a sign of surrender and laughed. "But seriously, Why you in a bad mood?"

"Just tired." I spoke as if it was taking all my energy to get my words out.

"Yeah, I get it." He said.

"No you don't. My beds spring is broken. Worst night sleep ever."

Before he could say anything Gwen over heard and chimed in "Oh, Tarynn, why didn't you say something? I'll tell my dad and get the maintenance guys to get you a new bed."

"Oh my gosh, for real?" I asked in disbelief. She nodded and smiled. "Ugh, you are a life saver."

I smiled and looked forward at my teacher who had came in to begin class. He explained the new topic for the first 15 minutes of class then handed us a worksheet to work on for the rest of class.

"If any of you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to come up and ask or feel free to work with a friend." The teacher announced. I looked down at my sheet and realized that we had done this at Oakville, which was the name of my old school, so I had a leg up on the work already.

I noticed guy constantly glancing over at my paper. I looked at him and whispered: "Are you cheating off my paper?"

"What? No." Liar. I just knew he was lying.

"Lies. I just saw you look. Let me see your answers then." He gasped.

"Tarynn, no cheating." He whispered back to me.

I bit my lip to hold back the smile about to come onto my face. "Y'know, I'll help you if you want."

"Really?" He asked while raising an eyebrow.

"No." I teased.

"Wow, I see how it is." He joked back.

"I'm just kidding. Class is gonna end in a just a few, so I can help you in study hall or after school."

"Okay, sounds good." He said back with a smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.