"You're so weird."

3rd person pov:

"Hey, man, can I ask you a question?" Fulton asked Guy.

"Yeah, sure." He answered while scanning the lockers looking for Tarynns.

"Is there something going on between you and Tarynn?" A pink blush crept onto guys face.

"I don't think so." He answered.

"What do you mean? Do you like eachother?" He asked.

"I don't think she likes me." He said with a laugh.

"But, do you like her or something?"

"I don't know, man. There's something about her. I've never met anyone like her. Like, she's the most witty girl I've ever met and she's really funny too." Guy gawked.

"Oh, so you've got the hots for her?" He questioned.

"I don't even know. She's different, Y'know? I mean, she's great. And she's real pretty too. Like, when she laughs her nose scrunches. Have you ever seen a girl scrunch her nose? It's adorable. Her laugh too,man. Contagious. I cant stop thinking about her. I've only known her a few days but I feel like I've known her my entire life."
Fulton raised his eyebrows and smiled at Guys rant about Tarynn.

"I've never seen you like this for someone." Fulton chimed.

"Yeah, but I don't think she likes me though." He said in a sad tone.

"I'm not so sure about that." Fulton said. The two boys walked back to the cafeteria and Guy handed Tarynn the book.

Tarynn pov:

"This is the wrong book." I said to the boys. Guys face dropped.

"You're joking." He said in utter dismay.

"I'm totally kidding." I said while laughing.

"You're evil." He teased. I flipped my hair and laughed

——
It was finally time for study hall. Guy and I walked together, like we had done the last few days. We walked in and took out seats.

"No skating today ?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I'm just kidding." He said while letting out and airy laugh. "Did you finish the English assignment?"

"Yeah, I did. It was classwork, why wouldn't I finish it?" I teased.

"I dunno. Just wondering."

"What did you write on yours?" I asked. "To
Be a pro Hockey player?"

"No, actually, I mean, for the first part of it, but going pro is just a given. But if that doesn't work out, I think I'd like to work in the car industry. Y'know, like own a dealership?"

"That's actually really cool. Good money too.But I think you could definitely make it pro. " I said with a smile. His eyes widened and he grinned when I had encouraged his goal.

"What about you?" He asked. My heart dropped. Shoulda known it was coming.

"It's stupid." I said while twiddling with my hands.

"Hey, I told you mine. So, spill." He said. I sighed.

"Ok, don't laugh or anything but I think I wanna be an actress, or a performer. I know, I know. It's so stupid. I would never manage, but it's just something I've always wanted Y'know? But yeah it's just really dumb-" he stopped me before I could finish.

"That's not stupid at all." He says sympathetically. "I mean, you already have the Hollywood look."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, yeah. You've got the beach waved hair and the big hazel eyes, the button nose. I mean, it's obvious."

"But, my eyes are brown, not hazel."

"No, they're hazel. They're brown on the outside and green in the middle." He reassured. "They're really pretty."

"Thanks, Guy." I started to blush. Like bright red. I felt my face warm up and I started to get embarrassed.

"Yeah, no problem." There was tension in the air. The the silence was awkward.

"So.." I said breaking the silence. "Do you think Adam has caught on to the fact that Gwen's crushing on him?"

"Oh yeah, definitely. He's totally flirting back now."

"Oh, thank God. It was so painful watching him sit there and not reciprocating.Y'know what's kinda funny?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Since Gwen is crushing on Adam she has this fantasy, like she thinks that we're gonna get together and'll go on double dates with them."

"That girl has got some imagination." Guys Joked.

"Tell me about it, she's boy crazy for herself and me. She's crazy but I love her."

"Crazy is definitely a word for it." Guy teased.

"Yeah, so are you doing anything this Friday?" I asked, trying to make some conversation.

"First game." He said unenthusiastically.

"You don't sound too excited." I mentioned.

"Yeah, that coach, he's a piece of work." He said with a huff.

"Oh, yeah? Maybe he's just trying to assert dominance, gain respect,Y'know?" I tried to reason with him to hopefully calm his frustration.

"Yeah, I guess. It's still a little annoying I guess." He said with a sigh.

"Well you better have a good attitude at your game, I don't wanna see you being all mopey on the rink." I teased.

"You're coming to my game?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, why not?" I said, squashing my pride. Did it hurt? Yes. A lot? Oh yeah. But I'll just have to manage.

"Though you hated jocks?" He asked halfheartedly.

"I do," I laughed. "But you guys aren't Jocks. You're ducks, and ducks, I can deal with." He raised his eyebrows at me the started to look around as if he was searching for something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I can't find it." He said while he kept looking around.

"Cant find what??" I asked urgently.

"You're ego! It must've shrunk!" I pursed my lips and stifled a laugh.

"Goodbye." I said while getting up to leave the classroom. He quickly followed after me.

"Hey, I'm sorry!" He said while laughing.

"You think you're so funny, don't you?" I teased.

"Well, yeah." He said proudly.

"Oh, would you look at that! My ego shrunk and yours is rapidly growing." I shot at him.

"Ah, you got me!" He exclaimed while putting a hand over his heart as if he'd be shot.

"You're so weird."

"Oh, I'm the weird one?" He asked urgently.

"Well, duh!" I shot back.

"I'm the weird one?!" He asked again. "Who was the one who decided to take a dive straight into the ice yesterday?"

"Mmm, remember when you went out of your way to get the SAME schedule as me? That was really cute." I teased.

"Aww, you think I'm cute?" My smile immediately dropped and I couldn't get the words out.

"No- I- I just- you- you know what I meant!" I said while throwing my arms in the air.

"Do I?" He asked mischievously.

"I-" I, Tarynn Holland, for the first time ever, was speechless.