"Maybe."

The following Monday I sat with the Ducks at lunch, they had seemed to forgotten about the scuffle that that had all had in the locker room the Friday before. We were all talking with one another when my brother and his friends walked over to the table. They started going on about a dinner the following Friday at some fancy steakhouse. I tuned them out for the most part until I heard Rick mention Gwen and I.

"And you babes are welcome to tag along as well." He winked at me and I knit my eyebrows.

"Ew.." I uttered quietly. I saw Scooter hit him in the back of the head and say "Cool it. That's my little sister."

The team all walked away and Adam walked to the front of the table to say "it's cool!" He smiled big.

"Well if he says it's cool." Russ smiled and shrugged.

"Do you know anything about this Tarynn?" Charlie asked accusingly.

"Oh my gosh, no. I don't." I rolled my eyes for this was the second time he was distrustful of me.

"This is gonna be so fun, Tar!" Gwen chirped.

"I'm not going to that." I stated.

"Why not?" She pleaded.

"Because, it's stupid. I'd rather throw myself out of a moving bus going 100 miles per hour, than ever have dinner with them." I explained.

"Harsh.." Guy mentioned. I glared at him. "You're no fun."

"I am too, fun. If I remember correctly I went to two hockey games this past weekend." I remarked.

"Wooow." He wooed sarcastically. "Two whole hockey games!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm guessing this is your way of telling me you don't want me to come to your games anymore." I teased.

"As if you were planning on coming to anymore." Ye shot back.

"As a matter of fact, I was." His eyes widened a bit and I grinned.

"You were?" He questioned in disbelief.

"Hah, no." I replied. His eyes dimmed and it was followed with a solemn "Oh.."

"I'm just kidding, Germaine." He let out a breath he was holding and laughed sheepishly. "I think it's cute that you want me at your games."

"Hey, this is the third time you've called me cute. Just admit you're in love with me." He joked.

"In love? Please." I laughed. "I don't do love."

"What does that even mean?" Gwen asked.

"Don't worry about it." I laughed. I saw Guy whisper something to Gwen and I narrowed my eyes as she started laughing. "What did you just say?"

"Don't worry about it." He teased. My mouth fell open and I scoffed.

"Gwen.." I looked at her with pleading eyes and she looked at him, but he shook his head and laughed. "Gwen..." I called once more. She just shrugged.

"I guess you'll never know, unless you come to the dinner with us." My eyes widened. And I groaned. I could not let this go. I wasn't one to really care about many things but, having ADD, when I wanted to know something, I wouldn't stop till I knew.

"You guys are so annoying!"

They both just smiled at each other and i pursed my lips and let out a fake cry.

——
I was dreading this day the whole week so when it finally arrived I was less than excited. I had packed only one nice outfit and my version of "nice" was not traditional. All I had was one pair of jeans, with no holes and a normal sized t-shirt that was actually presentable. I put them on and looked in the mirror.