"You dont know what a triangle is?"

I had yet to tell Gwen about Guy and I almost- I don't even wanna say it. I knew if I told her she would make it really awkward and Y'know, I love her, but I don't wanna mess this up. I was up the whole night. I couldn't sleep at all. I just kept thinking about the night before. I could not believe myself. How could I possible be catching feelings for him ? I mean, I had only just met him. It was strange. It was like he had a pull on me for some reason. He was different from any guy I ever met.

The next morning I had walked into class like usual, and sat next to Guy. I immediately put my head down on my desk and groaned.

"What's wrong, Tarynn? Aren't you excited to construct equilateral-triangles?" Guy asked in a fake chipper voice.

"I don't know what any of thoes words mean." I relied sigh my head still shoved in my arms.

"You don't know a triangle is?" Gwen asked in disbelief.

"No, I know what that means. I just don't know what construct equal-lingual triangles means." I said as I lifted my head. Guy slowly turned his head to Gwen with a 'is she serious' look for my mispronunciation of the geometry terminology. Gwen playfully rolled her eyes, shook her head and waved Guy off.

"You still coming to my game?" He asked me as he was rummaging through his bag.

"Yeah, of course." I reassured. His face lit up and he smiled at me.

——
A little later into the day I was in English, with Guy again. As I was pretending to pay attention to the lecture, I kept catching Guy looking at me from the corner of my eye. Every time I would
Look his way to catch him in the act, he would quickly turn his head back around so I didn't 'see' but I did. It was cute.

"Now for homework..." My teacher trailed off. I looked down at my purple paper that was printed with our homework questions. We were currently reading the book 'The pearl'. It was a boring book to say the least.

I trudged through the day as the moment from the night before kept flickering in my head. I couldn't get rid of it. It wouldn't go away. All I could think of was: "What would have happened if Gwen didn't walk in when she did?" "What would have happened after?" It haunted me the whole day.

Lunch couldn't have come at a better time. I had started to doze off in my classes and was getting really irritable. I walked into the cafeteria to see my brother and his friends bothering one of Guys teammates, Ken.

"Would you guys knock it off?" I yelled at Rick.

"Stay out of it, princess!" Rick yelled back.

"No, I won't stay out of it. Pick on someone your own size, pea brain!" I pushed past him and hooked Kens arm to get him out of there. "I'm so sorry about them."

"Nah, it's okay. Thanks for helping, again." The boy said sheepishly. I walked with the boy and sat down with him and his friends like I usually did.

"Are you guys ready for your game today?" I asked the team.

"Ready for warm the bench? Yeah. I'm ready." Goldberg snarled. I looked at Julie who was stifling a laugh.

"I'm ready, but I really don't wanna play for that guy." Ken said while poking at his food.

"Then don't play for him. Play for yourselves, eachother." I suggested sympathetically.

"Ahhh!!" We heard from the other side of the cafeteria. We then saw Russ, Charlie and Fulton being chased by the varsity.

"What did they do now?" I asked furiously while shaking my head. A gust of wind washed over us as everyone ran past us. Just then the entire cafeteria began to reek. Of what? I'm not sure. But it was bad. I grabbed Gwen by the arm who was also covering her nose and followed the team out of the cafeteria. I walked with Gwen and tried to find some of the team but instead ran into my brother, Rick and Cole. As they approached I covered my nose.