"or better yet, find me Brad Pitt."

Me and Gwen walked to social studies and there were no assigned seats, so of course we sat together. I watched as each student sat down in their seats and who they chose to sit next to. So many girls walked in wearing the most girly outfits. Now there's nothing wrong with dressing feminine, it's just I think wearing a ton of jewellery to the point that it makes noise when you walk is unnecessary. Maybe it was a private school thing.

"Oh! Tarynn, what about him! He's cute." Gwen had been pointing out guys left and right...mostly jocks, to see if I found them attractive.

"Oh yeah, he's hot!" I replied.

"Really?!" She got all excited, I felt rude to burst her bubble.

"No."

"Oh come on. Will you ever admit that you find someone attractive?" She asked hopefully.

"Yeah sure, Find me a guy that looks like Brad Pitt." I let out an airy laugh, "or better yet, find me Brad Pitt."

"Okay, you've got a point." She agreed.

The teacher began to take attendance.

"...Gwen Buckley? Oh there she is." He smiled. Everyone seemed to like Gwen. I guess being the deans daughter, they had to like her.

He called a few more names before getting to mine.

"Tarynn Holland?"

"Here." I spoke.

"I went to school with your father and I had your brother. Do you play hockey too?" He asked.

"I know how to play, but no, sir, I do not."he smiled at me and continued with attendance. Of course he knew my brother. Everyone did. It made me sick that being good at a sport make people think more of you. Like I could play hockey if I wanted to, but since I don't, no one even acknowledged me. I was know as "Scooters little sister." Or "Rogers daughter." Nothing else.

Although it's frustrating sometimes, I didn't mind it too much. If no one's realizes you're there, you can do so much. Everyone knows everything about my brother. He had no private life, but luckily for me I do. I guess being average has its perks. Sometimes...

After attendance my teacher began explaining what we would learning that year. I really didn't like history. It never appealed to me at all, like I get learning about events that made a huge impact in the world, like the Holocaust, or the Great Depression, but what's the point of knowing about dead presidents that did essentially nothing for our world today.

The teacher began to go on and on about a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant , I think....I don't really know. Im bad at interpreting similes, but once that bell rung, I was so ready to get out of there. My favorite class was next, English-Writing.

I loved to write. I tend to mirror myself onto my characters, but add more dimension to them.

Gwen and walked to English where they're were assigned seats, again. This time me and Gwen were on separate sides of the room.

I sat at my seat looking at the name card that read: 'Taryn'. I took out my pencil and added the extra n to my name that the teacher forgot. I looked at the seats next to me to see who I was sitting next to. I looked to the left of me and the name on the card was 'Lilah' and to my right the card said...'guy' I scoffed, leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms.

I looked over at Gwen who was beaming. She had gotten sat next to a boy who had curly brown hair and blue eyes. She and him were talking and she of course had no loss for words. I admired her willingness to talk to anyone and everyone. She was so unique and extraordinary. I was envious of her.

Guy walked in and sat next to me, I glanced at him, he smiled at me, I decided to be civil and gave him a faint smile back. I saw in his eyes that he looked stunned, as if he'd never seen me smile ever, which he probably had not, I had an RBF so everyone thought I was so mean, but I wasn't. I was actually a nice person.

The class started and once again we went over the syllabus. After we went over it the teacher had us do an icebreaker for the class.
"Okay, everyone turn to your neighbour." Guy and I faced each other. "Now look on the back of your syllabus, you will find 15 questions, pick 3 of them and guess the answers your neighbours would pick them then, in five minutes reveal them." We flipped over to the questions and read them.

I picked:
1.favourite Color
2. Biggest fear
3. Least favorite subject

I waited 5 mins for my teacher to tell us to reveal our answers.

"You wanna go first?" He asked.

"Not really but I will. Ok, so I said your favourite color is purple..?"

"Oh-? Why purple?" He asked while laughing a bit.

" I don't know, you just seem like the kind of guy to like purple, I'm guessing I'm wrong?" I assumed.

"My favorite color is red." He chuckled.

"Ok your turn." I changed the topic.

"Ok, I said that your favorite animal is a panda." He looked very confident in his answer.

"You're wrong, but panda is a very close second. My favourite is a teacup pig." I said. "Ok, my turn, your biggest fear is heights?" I asked.

"You're not completely wrong, my biggest fear is standing on something unstable far from the ground."

"So since I wasn't wrong that means I was right." I said cockily.

"Sure...My turn, your favourite color is purple." He guessed.

"Well, lavender, but yeah."

"Same thing." He joked. "Ok now you go."

"Alright, your least favourite a subject is English."

"Nope, English is actually my favourite, I hate history." Same as me.

"No way! Me too." I said cheerfully.

"Well you gave me the answer to my last question. Your favourite subject is English. Am I right?" He teased.

"Oh gosh, how'd you know?" I said playfully.

The bell rang and we walked out together talking about our hatred for history. We both went to talk to our friends.

Gwen looked at me as her smile stretched from one side of her face to the other.

"Not.One.Word." I stated.

"Ok but....told ya so!" She yelled. I looked down embarrassed by her screams.

"Yeah okay, Gwen." She looked at me with her 'I don't believe you' face and I looked down to avoid it.