"Y'know, coffee stunts your growth."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was awakened by a pillow being thrown at me by my older brother.

"Wake up, loser. You gotta get ready to drive to school."

He walked out of my room and I slowly reached over to my bed side table for my clock. It was 5:00 in the morning. I was dreading this day for weeks. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes.

It was my first day attending Eden hall, and I was not excited. All my friends were telling me how "lucky" I was to be going to a fancy private boarding school and that I should be excited to go. Silly me. Who wouldn't be excited to go to a school full of stupid jocks and annoying teachers. Not to mention living in the shadow of my brother, one of the most popular people in the school.

I got up to go get ready. My brother had been reminding me for weeks that I had to look nice because he didn't want me to "scare off"anyone. So I took my jeans and my t-shirt and put them on. I wore fishnets under my ripped jeans and combat boots to go with my outfit. I went to the bathroom across the hallway.

I did my hair, just curled it then blow dried it to give it some volume and dimension. Then I did my makeup, I put on blush, lipgloss, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner.

I went downstairs and saw my dad brewing coffee. I grabbed my cup and put some ice in it and put in some coffee from the fridge that I made yesterday.

Footsteps trailed down the steps and into the kitchen.

"Y'know, coffee stunts your growth." He teased.

"You believe everything you hear, don't you?" I retaliated. I scoffed then went to grab my bag from my bedroom. I dragged it out from my room just as a wheel broke.

"You gotta be kidding me." I sighed. I struggled to pull it down the hallway. As I pulled at it, it became lighter. I saw my brother take it from me.

"Thank-" I started.

"Jeez, I knew you were weak but not this weak." He mocked.

"You really can't do something nice without adding a snarky comment, can you?" I rolled my eyes then hopped down the stairs. I made way outside to our car and opened the tailgate. Scooter followed behind with both of our bags. He lifted them into the back, and before it was too late I booked it to the front of the car to get in the front seat, but then I remembered that Scooter was driving us to school. I groaned out of frustration.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Alright get in the car,dumbass." He said while getting in the drivers seat.

"You two stay safe okay? Good luck in hockey,son." He said to scooter.

"Be good,Tarynn." My father joked

"No promises." I joked back. We said our final goodbyes and headed for school.

"Why are we going so early, again?" I asked.

"Because, dad wants me to show you around but I'm sure you'll be fine on your own. I'll show you your dorm and you can explore afterwards." I laid my head agains the window and looked up at the clouds.

I loved clouds. I found it fascinating how something so simple could be so angelic. That we're just so perfect. They were so simple yet so beautiful.

It gave me hope in a way. I was so average so ordinary. I had boring brown eyes and plain brown hair. There was nothing above average about me. I wasn't good at anything and I just existed. But if something as basic as clouds could be seen as beautiful maybe I could too.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After about 45 minutes of driving we arrived at the school. We got out and grabbed our bags. I dragged my bag behind scooter as he showed me where the auditorium was and where my dorm was. He dropped my off at my dorm and went to go find his.

I open the door to see a girl sitting on her bed listening to her walk man. As I walked into the room she immediately got up.

"Hi! Im Gwen Buckley! Nice to meet you!" She shook my hand firmly.

"Hi, I'm Tarynn Holland." Her eyes widened even more.

"I LOVE the name Tarynn. It's so beautiful!" She seemed like such a fun person. She was just happy to be there.

"Thank you. No ones ever told me that before."

"Really? Nobody? It's just so unique." She was smiling from ear to ear. She was stunning. She had long brown hair and bright beautiful green eyes. She had a cute button nose and a nice smile. She was all I wanted to be and more.

"Anyway, what brings you to Eden hall?" She asked while sitting on a her bed.

"My dads making me go because my brother goes here too. What about you?" I asked while taking out my backpack from my suitcase and start to pack it.

"Well, my mom went here and my dads also the dean." She said almost like she was embarrassed.

"That's so cool. So we can do like whatever we want right?" I joked.

"Pretty much." She agreed. My jaw dropped because I was just joking but she didn't seem to be.

After 10 minutes we walked to the auditorium and looked around. Gwen also took me on a thorough tour of the school. So I knew I wouldn't get lost.

I saw my brother waving us over and I walked over.

"Sit with us. I don't want any guys taking to you." Although my brother was a complete jerk he was extremely protective over me. I squeezed by him and his friends and say next to them.

"That's your sister?" One of his teammate, Ryder asked.

"Yeah."

"Damn, could I get her number?" He asked flirtatiously.

"Dude...that's my sister." He replied.

"Is that a yes?" Ryder persisted.

"Get lost." He scoffed.

I laughed quietly at his friends failed attempt. Even if my brother did give him my number I would never respond. I would never date a jock. I've learned my lesson with Wyatt. Never again.