"You following me?"

"Admit it!" Gwen demanded.
"Admit what?" I asked confused.
"You think he's cute."
"Gwen- You're never gonna let this go,are you?" I asked with no hope.
"Nope. So do you?" She asked again.
"I don't know, Gwen. If I say yes will you leave me alone about it for the rest of the day." She nodded. "Okay, he's cute-" She squealed "but that doesn't mean I like him." I added.

Gwen silently squealed. She had been telling me all day that we'd be cute together, as if she knew anything about him.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We made our way to Earth Science, I didn't mind Science. It was pretty interesting for the most part. Gwen and I walked in and there were assigned seats, but we were seated next to each-other with some help from Gwen. We had walked in to see that we weren't seated next to each-other, the desks were in pairs and our pairs were next to each-other but we were on opposite sides of the pairs leaving two desks between us.

"I'll take care of it." She winked at me. She walked up to the teacher and said "Hi Uncle Fin! My friend, and roommate, Tarynn is new here and is a little nervous, do you think I could sit with her?" She gave a sweet little smile.

"Of course! Just don't tell the other students. Just switch the cards." He said kindly.

"Thank you!" She gave him a hug and ran back to our seats and swapped the cards, she switched hers with a card that said 'Adam'. Her eyes widened while looking who was sitting at the desk next to her old one.

"Switch with me. Please!" I assumed it was someone she knew, or didn't like so I swapped with her. We sat down and the student began to flood into the classroom.

The boy who must've been who Gwen switched with, Adam, sat down. Soon after him someone walked in and sat down.

"Hey man." I heard the boy say to Adam. They did that weird guy handshake and I immediately recognized the voice. I slowly turned my head praying it wasn't who i thought it was. I immediately turned my head back and looked at Gwen who was smiling from eat to ear.

"Why?" I whined.
"Because I can." She giggled mischievously.
"I hate you."
"For now." She added.

I rolled my eyes and someone tapped me the shoulder. I turned in my chair and faced him.

"You following me?" He joked.

"No, are you following me?" I asked while lifting an eye brow.

"Psh no." He laughed.

"You better thank Gwen for being able to sit with your buddy. She convinced the teacher to let us swap."

He looked up at Gwen who has began looking over my shoulder when she heard her name.

"Thanks, Gwen." He said.

"You're welcome, and Adam I'm waiting for a thank you from you as well." She joked. He looked over at Gwen.

"Thanks,Gwen." She laughed and flipped her hair and I looked at her and all she said was "What can I say? The people love me!"

"Do we?" I asked the boys. They shook their heads. Gwen looked at us in disbelief.

"You will." She smiled and leaned back in her seat keeping that same smile.

The teacher began talking and started passing our papers for us or our parents to sign. Then he passes out the syllabus.

"You guys can read that with your desk partners."

Me and Gwen read it quickly individually then signed it. We then turned to eachother to talk.

"You know who's kinda cute?"She asked.

I sighed.. "Who,Gwen?"

"Adam," I was about to say something before she continued "Oh.My.Gosh! We could go on doubles dates." She whispered with excitement.

"Not.Gonna.Happen." I stated.

She sighed in disappointment. "Would you please just give him a shot, please,please?" She begged.

"Gwen. I've known him for what? 2 hours?"

"3 hours and 10 minutes actually," she corrected.

"Still. I know nothing about him."

" He obviously thinks your cute. He kept looking at you in English." She crossed her arms proudly.

"Yeah, because we were partners?" She kept going, "you said if I admit he was cute you'd leave me alone."

"Alright alright. But I only promised today. Tomorrow I'll be back on your case." I playfully rolled my eyes at her then turned to guy.

"Can I see your schedule?" I asked.

"Uh, sure." He grabbed his schedule. I put our schedules side by side and they were exactly identical. "Geez, you really went out of your way to get the same exact schedule as me? Cute." I joked.

"Well, I think it's cute that you think so highly of yourself, but I'm afraid it was just a coincidence." He laughed.

"Uh huh. Okay." I handed his schedule back to him and turned back to Gwen. Her eyebrows were raised at me and she was smiling.

"Quit it!" She just laughed at me and turned back in her seat. "Girl, just you wait. I'll be right."

I looked at her confused and just ignored it.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The class ended and we stood up to go to lunch. Of course Guy and Adam followed behind us.

We walked in and I saw my brother sitting at a table while Rick messed with a small dark haired boy. I heard Adam talk to Guy behind us.

"Look, they're hassling Ken. What should we do?" He asked. Before he could answer I quickly walked over to their table and grabbed the bag from Rick.

"Leave him alone, will ya? Grow up." I scoffed and handed the bag back to the boy

"Come on, Tar. We're just jokin'." He laughed.

"No, you're being jerks. Control your dogs,Scooter." I said turning to my brother. "Have them pick on someone their own size."

I rolled my eyes and walked away before they could cause more trouble. I sat down with Gwen and I saw the boys walking over to me.

"Hey, thanks a lot." The dark haired boy said with a smile.

"Yeah, no problem. They're just a bunch of jerks who have way too much pride. I take joy in hurting it."
I smiled back at him.

"They seem unbearable." Adam added.

"Believe me, they are." I rolled my eyes as I saw them talking while glancing at me.

"You guys wanna sit with us?" Guy asked me and Gwen.

"Yea!" "No it's ok." Me and Gwen said simultaneously.

"Come on, Tarynn! Live a little. Branch out." I looked at her and she has big pleading eyes. I just couldn't say no.

"Fine." She smiled big and grabbed my hand as we followed the boys over to their table.

(Authors note: do we want Gwen to get with Adam or scooter??)