"Nah, I'm crazy about you."

A week after the team's scholarships were reinstated, I was woken up by Gwen throwing a pillow at me.

"I don't wanna get up." I whined.

"Well too bad," She replied. "You gotta get ready."

"Ugh!" I groaned as I threw myself on the floor.

"Drama Queen." She teased. "I am so excited for the game tonight!"

"I am too, actually." I smiled to myself.

"It's so exciting to know our boyfriends are finally on the same team!" She squealed.

"He is not my boyfriend." I replied blandly.

"Not yet." She shot back. I didn't retaliate this time, because secretly, I wanted that to be true. I had spent so much time trying to convince others I didn't like him, that I totally forgot to convince myself that I didn't. "You totally like him, Tarynn. Admit it."

"I..." I paused. There was no use in lying to her anymore. I sighed then went on to say "Okay, okay. Fine. There is a slight chance that I..maybe like him."

Honestly I didn't even know if it would be considered "liking". It felt more than that. I mean, I've felt more for him than I ever did for Wyatt. It was weird.

"AH! I knew it!" She shrieked. "I knew one day I'd be right!"

I laughed at her nonsense.

"You cannot say a word of this to Guy. You have to swear!" I demanded.

"Ok, fine I won't." She promised. "Have you two done anything yet?"

"Not really." I muttered.

"Not really?" She asked. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I held his hand when he can over the night Hans died. And a while ago when you and Adam had left to go to the vending machine, we almost..." I trailed.

"You almost kissed?" She exclaimed "Why didn't you?"

"You walked in." I replied while changing into my outfit.

"Oh no! I ruined it!" She groaned. I laughed at her.

"No, you didn't." I told her "It was a good thing you walked in, you know. So we didn't rush anything."

"Ohh, so I saved it?" She asked proudly.

"Probably."

——
As we walked to lunch that day, Gwen kept making goo-goo eyes at Guy and I.

"Are you guys scared?" Gwen asked the team. "Y'know, just cause the varsity team is like huge?"

"Nah, we can take 'em!" Charlie cheered.

"Of course we can." Fulton added.

"What do you think, Tar? You've seen both teams play before. Do you think they'll win?" Gwen asked.

"Mm." I shrugged my shoulders. "50/50. I think you guys have better training, but they are bigger so I think it's pretty equal."

"I definitely think we have a good chance in this one." Julie mentioned.

"Well, I can't wait to see how this plays out." I noted.

"You're going?" Dwayne asked.

"Yeah? Guys, I've been going to your games for like, months." I reasoned. They all just looked at eachother and shrugged. "Anyway, I'm really happy you guys are staying."

"We are too." Averman said. "If we left, who else would I make fun of at lunch?" He asked, referring to me.

"That was your biggest concern,really?" I asked.