Chapter 22: Sports Festival of Kuoh

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All images used belong to the respective owners, I do not own anything)

Previously we saw the aftermath of the battle that had happened between Diodora and Rias Gremory with the former coming out as a traitor to the devil society. After his defeat and death, another threat approached who nearly killed Xenovia and Asia both out of spite for being former church maidens, he then tells Issei that devils should not associate with the other factions and shoots Asia out of Sheer spite. This enrages Issei, who gives into his inner hatred and anger and activates a new version of the Juggernaut Drive one that is far stronger and more deadlier than the regular one called HATE Drive. With this new version he attacks Shalba who despite using Ophis's power was unable to stop Issei's new Longinus Smasher, which was much stronger than before. Issei then charged at Shalba and stabbed his heart and several Vital organs, Issei finally fired another Longinus Smasher at the already defeated descendent of Belzebub killing him and destroying his entire body. Issei was then destroying the underworld, which was taken notice by Azazel, Ophis and Sirzechs. Together coupled with the three teams and the Vali team who joined with them after finding Xenovia in the dimensional gap along with sensing Issei's power, they devised a plan to bring Issei back to his senses. Ophis and Sirzechs destroyed his hate, while Azazel pinned him down so that he does not move much. After that Vali divided the power of the juggernaut drive but it was too much even for him, he instead used Half dimension which severely reduced Issei's power by a lot. Issei then in his mind heard Sona's voice making him come back to his senses, she knew that since Asia, Kuroka or Raynare aren't present, she is the only one that could bring him back which she successfully does in bringing him back to normal. After he waked up he gets surprised that Ophis knew he committed a reset but was nevertheless happy that they do not remember anything, after that Great red showed up to check the influx in power there before leaving. After that Vali Team and Sirzechs along with Ophis leave the area to do their respective tasks. Issei then collapses due to using the drive, but thankfully he does not lose his life force given that he is a dragon, and HATE in a way protected his body from the effects of the Juggernaut Drive. After that he then along with Sona and the others go home, where they see Rosswiese crying, most of them know it was Odin leaving her alone. Two weeks later, the summer vacations have ended with most of the characters going back to their usual work, in school, three students are introduced Irina Shidou, Kuroka and a new student named Frisk Dreemurr. The latter two of the three get along very well with Issei and his team while Irina sits next to Xenovia.

The teams have been training for the upcoming festival where Issei is once again chosen to be Asia's partner just like last time for the three legged race, as a result many of the teams were practicing for the sports festival. They knew that the monster faction will also be appearing with other three factions. Given that Chara and Frisk have been chosen to be teamed up together. The team is trainig separately given that everyone will be training well. Asia and Issei knew that it is going to be a tough competition given that they are up against more people this time and not regular students.

Issei: Asia, let us try number co ordination like when I say 1, I put one foot forward, then you have to say 2 and put your foot forward.

Asia: So it is just like last time, where we did go up against the other students as well.

Issei: Indeed, with enough practice we should be able to perform well.

Issei and Asia continue with their practice where because of a stone, Asia ends up tripping, Issei catches her, but feels something soft. Asia on noticing this, immediately becomes embarrased