Chapter 47: Recovery and a trip to home

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw the fight that had taken place between the evil dragons Ladon and Yamata No Orochi against Team Dxd, Issei takes on the Yamata No Orocohi while the rest of Team Dxd along with Gabriel and several members from the Heaven Faction battle against the Khaos Brigade Forces along with the two evil dragons, Issei manages to disable the first two heads off easily by chopping the first one off, the second one was ripped straight out of his torso and burning them alive as well as taking on the attacks of the dragon who responded with a fire breath early on, Issei managed to once again push the dragon back with his abilities, that was when someone decided to assist Issei in taking down the dragon, Gabriel who had finished her battle with the traitorous angels had joined to take out the evil dragon once and for all, she then used her light spears to hold off the dragon which the dragon easily destroyed using his own flame breath, Yamata tried to flee multiple times, but a barrier placed by Issei prevented him from escaping, Issei and Gabriel came up with a plan Gabriel planned to distract the dragon with her light spears, which is when Issei would come in and attack the dragon. The plan worked with Issei successfully chopping off three more of the Dragon's heads and reducing it to two heads, Gabriel was exhausted because of the endless barrage of spears as well as fighting against the traitors of heaven, Yamata spewed flames from one head towards Issei and then used one of it's heads to go after Gabriel, Gabriel tried to escape but she was starting to get overwhelmed, Issei is forced to save her and takes the bite from Yamata causing him to get infected by the poison, Gabriel shrieks on seeing this causing everyone to turn their attention towards her, however they were able to destroy the last two heads, Issei is then taken to get the poisoned removed by Gabriel and Raynare who had heard the shriek and had volunteered to take Issei to a safe place. Meanwhile 2 hours ago, the rest of Team Dxd is facing off against the Insomniac Dragon Ladon, who was excited to test his barrier strength against several members of Team Dxd which they attack him, Rias attacks him first but his barrier gets destroyed, Ladon is forced to go on the offensive, he goes after Rias and spews fire at her, but Akeno intercepts causing the dragon to focus on her and successfully take her out with ease, Rias then gets angry and uses her POD to attack him which coupled with several attacks takes him and destroys his barrier, it injures him severely but he uses a Phenex tear to recover, after which he isolates the others using multiple barriers and goes after Frisk the weakest of the bunch, however a resident pun master saves him, Sans has joined the fight and he holds the dragon off, they once again fire a combined magical assault with the close range combatants taking on Ladon along with the rest of the evil dragons with ease, however Ladon, being an evil dragon takes the hit with immense durability, that was when the shriek was heard, and the others convince Raynare to go and aid Issei whom everyone had noticed, they then focus on dealing with Ladon once and for all who had used his last Phenex Tears to recover, Dr. Alphys then joins them and informs that Sans and Rias must sync their abilities together to destroy Ladon's body, the other distract him while Rias charges her Extinguished Star, thanks to Sans's Gravity magic, Ladon is lifted up and his body gets easily destroyed easily. Alphys then uses a machine that contains the souls of both Ladon and Yamata No Orochi and traps them so that they can never escape their containment.

Issei can be seen rushed to the First Heaven to get some treatment, thankfully because of his Dragon physiology, Issei can survive for much longer compared to a regular human, but he can still be potentially killed if the poison is not removed, as Issei took a huge amount of Yamata No Orochi's poison. Issei was awake the whole time, since the poison did not render him unconscious, Issei was strong enough to do that.