twenty two

after a hectic couple of days it's show night and i'm excited to get back on it again, this tour feels like it's been going on forever and we're not even half way through it yet. we're all packed up and back in the buses on the way to the venue, i'm already dressed and pretty much ready for the show.

tatemcrae miami tonight🤩likes: 200k likes comments: 2k

likes: 200k likes
comments: 2k

tatemcrae miami tonight🤩likes: 200k likes comments: 2k

billieeilish see you soon
likes: 8mil
comments: 52k

billieeilish see you soonlikes: 8mil comments: 52k

finneas get ready
likes: 500k
comments: 200k

...

"alright tate we're here" patrick says coming onto my bus as the door opens. i nod and pick up my bag, making sure i have everything i need and then following him inside the venue. "welcome tate, i'll take you to your dressing room" one of the venue workers says, leading the way while everyone else gets shown to theirs.

he holds the door as me and my little band walk in the room, looking around at the typical tour dressing room. "let us know if you need anything, billie will be doing soundcheck in an hour and then you will be straight after her" he explains to us, gives a little smile and leaves.

i grab a bottle of water off the table and sit down on a random chair, taking sips from it and scrolling through my phone. the door opens and finneas walks in, "hey" i say, locking my phone and putting it down on my lap.

"yo we've ordered a load of food for us all to share, come and chill in billies dressing room with us all" he says, coming over and giving my guitarist a little fist bump.

i walk beside him down the hallway to the other room, "so what happened yesterday?" finneas questions. "i heard all the shouting". i smile and sigh a little, releasing that i have to explain it all.

"dan just isn't happy that i'm on this tour, and that i can't get over my feelings for billie, so he just kinda freaked out and went crazy at me. which would be understandable if i cheated or whatever but i haven't. so he doesn't want to be my friend or anything anymore" i tell him as he looks at me, listening intently. he puts his hands in his pockets as we slowly stroll, letting my guitarist and drummer go in front of us.

"what's going on with you and billie" he asks, a little grin on his face. i shrug my shoulders and smile, "that i don't exactly know yet" i tell him.
finneas and i get on really well, throughout all my problems i've had with his sister he's always been respectful of the situation and has always said that he's there if i need to talk.

"well personally in my opinion, i always rooted for you two" he says quietly, before opening the door to the dressing room and letting me inside first. i put my bag down on the stable beside claudia and pull a hoodie over my head, covering my outfit up a little bit before the show later tonight.

i put my phone in the pocket of my pants and look up meeting billies eyes. she is sat in the other side of the room on the couch staring straight at me with a smile. she motions for me to go over, which i do, putting my bottle down on the table and sitting down beside her. "hey pretty" she says, looking me up and down, making me blush a little but i try my best to hide it.

"hi" i say, moving my hair out of my face. maggie comes around handing us all little paper plates and wooden cutlery. patrick lays all the food out in the middle of the room and helps himself to some of it. "let's go eat" billie says, kissing my cheek, standing up and putting one of her hands out for me. i take hold of it and she pulls me up off the couch, taking us both to the food.

i pick out a few things like fries and salad and random things and then take my seat once again. "you excited for the show?" billie asks sitting down. "i am actually, are you?" i ask, shoving a few fries into my mouth.

"yeah i'm glad we had the little break because it's going to be constant shows after this pretty much" she tells me and i nod. "how do you feel about yesterday?" she questions. i lay my plate on my lap and turn my head to look at her.

right on cue the dressing room door opens and dan comes walking in, i frown my eyebrows. "couldn't get a flight today,i'll have to come with you wherever your going tomorrow and get a flight from there" he says, sighing and walking to the other side of the room, sitting away from everyone. i look down at my feet as the room goes silent and awkward.

i look at billie who gives me a nervous little smile, before i pay attention back to my food, which i've completely lost my appetite and don't want to eat anymore. "i'm going to soundcheck, wanna come and watch" billie asks, standing up and taking my plate and throwing it away for me.

"yeah ok" i say, grabbing my bottle of water from next to me and putting my phone in my pocket. billie takes my hand and walks by my side out of the door and to the stage, her brother and claudia following behind us. she brings me onto the stage and i sit down on the edge, looking across the room i will be performing to later tonight.

billie takes her hoodie off and gives it to me to hold while she does her soundcheck, she leans down, her hand resting on my shoulder as she pecks my lips. "ok let's do this" she says, walking to her sound guy who hooks her up with her ear pieces.

i grab my phone getting a call from olivia who i haven't actually spoken too for a while.

olivia in bold
tate in italics

"heyyyyy"

"hey how's tour going?"

"it's been hectic, a lot has happened"

"ooo why what's going on"

"i'll have to explain it to you when i'm back, i cant really talk about it right now" i say once i see dan appear side stage.