The Catalyst

Just to warn everyone, I will be focusing heavily on the "Dipcifica" ship, mainly because I really like the pairing and wanted to cover them as I saw fit. Also, a considerable number of characters, actions and events are subsequently rewritten to fit an alternate narrative of the original story as I have also deemed necessary.

______________

It had started to rain one early evening in the small town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. Not a downpour or anything of the like to discourage going outside, but enough of a drizzle to make it uncomfortable after ten minutes. A brother and his twin sister, Dipper and Mabel Pines respectively, went hiking earlier that day and were still not back yet. They had gone out to explore the deeper areas of the surrounding forest of the town. Stanley Pines and his brother Stanford, the twin's great uncles, were getting worried. In the other room, reading a magazine of indecipherable subject was the early twenty-something cashier, Wendy Corduroy, lounging in the otherwise dead tourist trap, completely unaware of the siblings' absence. The handy man, Soos Ramirez, was busy fixing the lighting; not because he had to, but for people like him he found that keeping busy was better than lazing around.

This is where our story begins....
_______________________________________

Stanley Pines was now far past the point of worried. The older man has been pacing his kitchen for the past forty-five minutes, either taking quick glances out of the window, or anxiously watching the clock to make sure that it wasn't just broken.

"Calm down Stanley, from what you've told me these kids have been through some pretty horrendous events. I'm sure being a couple minutes late doesn't mean the worst." Ford tried to tell his brother, but in reality he couldn't keep himself from nervously tapping his foot. He knew firsthand what sort of dark and twisted horrors wait within the forest, not to mention Bill Cipher.

"I know I shouldn't worry about them but that doesn't stop me from doing it. I'm responsible for their well-being, plus I feel like I owe them you know?" Stan furiously tapped his foot like his brother to show that he was stressed. It wasn't even a minute after the conversation had ended that Dipper and Mabel walked out of the forest, unscathed, smelling of pine trees, and carrying what looked to be a giant rock.

"Hey Dipper I don't want to ask the obvious but I will, WHY ARE WE CARRYING A ROCK?!" Mabel asked, exasperated from the rock-carrying.

"If you had been listening you'd know that I'm bringing this to Gruncle Ford because I think it may hold some magical properties." Dipper snapped at Mabel.

Stan was the first to see the pair and rushed out without even putting on a jacket. He couldn't decide whether or not to hug them or blow-out their ear drums by yelling at them, so he decided to do both.

"WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU TWO BEEN, ITS WAY PAST NIGHTFALL AND YOU KNOW TOO MANY WEIRD THINGS COME OUT AFTER HOURS," Stan fumed at the kids before noticing the large rock they were carrying "And why are you carrying a rock?" Stan asked looking really curious.

"That's what I asked him," Mabel said, "but he kept saying it had ''magical properties'' and insisted we take it with us." Mabel said in a mockery of Dipper's voice.

"It does have magical properties and I'm going to prove it, and I don't sound like that" Dipper half whined. Mabel began mocking and teasing Dipper until it began pouring rain, then Stan ordered everyone back inside to get dry and warm.

As soon as they were inside Ford let out a sigh of relief and a small smile before being instantly replaced by a look of confusion. "What's with the rock?" He asked bluntly. "I was hoping you would know, maybe you had run across something like this before." Dipper said hopefully.