Sweet Revenge

Dipper and Pacifica had been running for seemingly forever. Pacifica was checking inside every door that was open and for everyone that was locked she and Dipper would have to force it open. "Pacifica, why are we doing this?" Dipper asked, he was starting to get tired from the amount of strength he was putting into running around the mansion, which seemed to be much bigger than the last time Dipper was there. "Before I passed out I was with a couple of friends and my nursemaid. Da-Preston told me that he killed Luke but he never said what happened to the others!" Pacifica explained, also panting from fatigue and nervousness. She had no idea if Rosie and Mystia were still alive but she had to hope, if nothing else she had to cling to whatever hope she had left.

Because Preston had crushed most of it...

A while after the two came to the second floor of the manor. Pacifica was about to round a corner but stopped dead in her tracks, nearly sending Dipper crashing into her. He was getting ready to say something when Pacifica shushed him and pointed around the corner. Dipper peeked around and almost had a heart attack, there were two guards posted outside one of the rooms and they looked vicious. Two guys, one Hispanic and one African American, both had on thick padded body armor over white t-shirts, matching black cargo pants, and shiny black combat boots. They both sported semi-automatic carbine rifles, concealed Beretta pistols, and large combat knives. "Well, I wasn't expecting a welcome party!" Dipper whispered angrily. "Do you think I knew they were here, I was tied to a chair for who knows how long while I was unconscious!" Pacifica whispered back in an irritated tone.

"That has to be where they are. Predictable, that he would put them into the one near impenetrable room in the house!" Pacifica was furious, she already had to accept the death of one friend and she wasn't about to let anyone else die who didn't deserve it. She pulled Dipper back around the corner. "I have a plan, but it's extremely risky." Pacifica whispered to Dipper, who recomposed his serious face and nodded.

"The office has a separate hallway just on the opposite side of it, Preston keeps a display of old flintlock pistols in a display case along with the gunpowder and round shots." Pacifica explained, making Dipper pull a horrified face. "You want me to kill them?!?" He asked incredulously, he had never known Pacifica to be so violent. Pacifica shook her head, "You won't have to, just fire it and get at least the attention of one of the guards. Besides, you'd never be able to penetrate their armor and unless you're right next to them you won't be able to shoot them in the head." She explained like it was completely obvious.

Dipper looked still uneasy but steeled his nerves. He made his way back downstairs and found another flight of stairs leading back up but on the opposite side. He climbed up and started walking down the hallways to the room. Sure enough there was the display case with four pistols and what looked to be an empty space where a rifle would have gone. Dipper didn't know why this unsettled him but he ignored the feeling, using his knife to force open the lock. He loaded one pistol but then got an idea.

He started loading another pistol...

"Come on Dipper, what's taking so long?" Pacifica wondered, she didn't think it took this long to load one of those pistols. "He's probably loading another pistol but why? He didn't want to kill anyone so why would he do that?" Pacifica thought to herself. After another minute or so she heard the familiar BANG!! of a flintlock pistol. Pacifica dared another peek around the corner and to her surprise both guards abandoned their posts to investigate the noise. "Idiots." Pacifica said with a smirk. She stalked over to door and knocked softly so the guards wouldn't hear her. It took awhile but Pacifica eventually heard a voice from inside.

"Who's there?" Came a voice, Rosie, clearly shaken with fear and grief. "It's me, Pacifica." Pacifica said, happy to finally hear Rosie's voice again. "Pacifica, you're alive?!?!" Rosie said rather loudly, making Pacifica freeze where she was. Sheglance around to make sure nobody heard, luckily she was still alone. "Yes I am, now please keep quiet!" Pacifica whispered, fearful that the guards would come back any minute. Then she heard another shot from a flintlock pistol followed by the shattering of glass. She looked to her side only to see that the other hallway had gone dark. More rounds were fired this time down the entrance of the hallway.