Redemption

"Clang!!!"

Pacifica could feel the vibrations of the sword hitting something metal. She could feel that her head was still connected to her shoulders. She could still feel those marks on her skin flaring pain but Pacifica didn't care, she was alive, someone had saved her.

Pacifica opened her eyes and saw something she really wasn't expecting. There stood Gideon Gleeful, his eyes showing great surprise, the blade of his katana locked with a foil in the hands of...

"Candy?"

Candy didn't even respond, she only kept an icy glare on Gideon. "You will not HURT HER!" Candy yelled. She then quickly redirected the blades over their heads and to the other side. Once in position she then roundhouse kicked Gideon in the chest, sending him flying back in pain.

Candy then looked down at Pacifica, her emerald green eyes piercing the purple of the beaten heiress. She then bent down and picked Pacifica up in a bridal fashion. Pacifica was going to argue when she only then realized that her legs were in extreme pain, almost to the point where she wanted to scream. "Why are you doing this?" Pacifica asked her hero. "I've hurt you too much when I've tried so hard for you to notice and accept me. I tried to selfishly take the love you deserved because I had some summer crush, and for that I have to make it up to you."

Candy was walking over to the now conscious Dipper, who managed to prop himself up on a pillar. His eyes showed both great signs of relief and silent praise to Candy's help, which made her blush none the less. She set Pacifica down next to him, who immediately wrapped her in his arms trying to comfort her.
Candy was ready to just lay down and accept victory for a job well done, but there was still something that needed to be dealt with. She got up and walked to the middle of the room, where she faced the poised, angry figure of Gideon.

"So, exactly how many of you idiotic bastards want to die?" Gideon asked annoyed, he raised his sword. Candy kept cool but inside she was freaking out, "Why, why would I automatically pick up the one sword that I haven't mastered?!?" It was true, for all of her knowledge of both Asian and European sword techniques not to mention her innate ability to perfectly utilize most swords she uses, the traditional foil was absolutely her worst fit.

"She doesn't have a chance, he's just going to read her mind just like he did with me." Pacifica choked out, one of the many punches she received was a hard jab to her throat. Although she backed up so the hit wasn't fatal it still rendered her throat damaged and her voice nearly gone. "Hopefully she's figured this out from watching your fight, because no one else can help her if she falls." Dipper was trying to find something positive in this situation but right now they were getting their asses handed to them by an eight year old, positive wasn't the first word that came to mind to describe what's going on

Mabel was staring on at her old friend about to sword fight with Mabel's demented, lover sick stalker. She already had to watch Dipper and Pacifica go up against that monster and both were nearly killed doing so. Mabel didn't doubt Candy could do it but at this point it was a tedious decision. "I'm so sorry." Mabel could hear herself whisper; she was sorry for not keeping her promise to help her friend, she was sorry that she accused Candy of being two faced, and she was sorry for overreacting to what she did and not understanding her feelings.

"Please don't die." She said.

Candy attacked first, she took quick steps towards Gideon keeping her guard up. She lunged forward only for Gideon to sidestep the attack. He countered by slashing his sword towards her left shoulder trying to cut off her sword arm. She noticed his plan and ducked and rolled away. Once back on her feet they exchanged blows; if Candy lunged Gideon sidestepped, and if Gideon slashed Candy would twist and block the attack. It went on for a couple of minutes before they once again entered a blade lock.