A Confession

I went to my apartment to meet Ni-Ki and found Taehyun and Kai waiting at the door

I went to my apartment to meet Ni-Ki and found Taehyun and Kai waiting at the door. "Beomgyu called," Kai said.

Ni-Ki walked in not long after, visibly annoyed to see the other two and even more annoyed when Jungwon came in dragging Jake right behind him. Jungwon came running to me and gave me a big hug. "Don't worry, Sun, I'm always here for you!" he said.

I felt really overwhelmed - by my own emotions, by this outpouring of love from my friends. I knew that Jungwon was dying to tell me all about what happened with Jay, and I was dying to hear it. I just couldn't that exact second.

Everyone was sprawled out in my living room. I was sitting sideways in my overstuffed chair, legs and feet hanging off the side. Beomgyu was the last to arrive and had brought a bunch of snack food with him, which he tossed onto the table for everyone to share.

"You really called everyone," I leaned up from my seat and looked at him with a smile.

"Of course, I did," he smiled back. He pulled me slightly off the chair so that he could sit me on his lap, and then let me back down. I laid my head against his chest and laughed as his long hair hit my face.

"You didn't call me..." Ni-Ki sat down at the end of the couch, arms crossed.

"I didn't need to - I knew you were already on your way," Beomgyu said. "But anyway, we're here for Sunoo," he pets my head and kissed the top of it. Then he said very softly, "and it hurts me to say this, Sunshine, but now you know what it feels like to be everyone else. This issue feels like a super big deal because you don't know what it feels like to not be positive - to your core - that everything is okay."

I leaned up slightly and looked at Beomgyu, then around at my other friends, most of them looking down at the floor or with sad eyes toward me. But Taehyun just shrugged and nodded matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, he's right, Sunoo. I feel bad for you. I truly do. Because I hate that you're hurting. But the only reason this small - and VERY FIXABLE - thing feels so big to you is because everything has always gone your way."

Now I sat up a little too quickly and almost hit my head against Beomgyu. That's the last thing I need - more headache. Wait - "Do you guys really think that I'm just...I don't know- you're kind of making me sound like this spoiled brat."

I felt genuinely confused. I didn't realize that my friends thought of me this way...

"No, Sunoo, no!" Jungwon said, "No one thinks you're a brat.  I think that's actually a little bit of the point here."

"Sunoo, your life is perfect. That's a fact," Beomgyu began, "But most people who have everything they could ever want don't even see the possibility it could go another way. Most people who have everything are also nothing like you. You don't look down on others. You don't view yourself as better. You are loving and kind and you want good things for other people".