A Collision

Turns out Ni-Ki was right

Turns out Ni-Ki was right. I was set to tutor Park Sunghoon starting today...

...and I was late.

I'm literally never late. I don't mind if other people are late, but I want to make sure people know they're important and I prioritized them.

It's the same reason I don't feel right leaving someone on read or not calling someone back. I don't know. It just matters to me.

So I wasn't paying any attention as I ran across the quad toward the library. Which is why I collided with another student running out of the Dance Department.

I felt the wind knock out of me as I was fell down to the ground, the other students bag falling on top of me as he tried to hold himself up to keep from smashing me.

The student got up and started brushing himself off and I got up to do the same. Unfortunately, I popped up as soon as he leaned down to help, causing my forehead to slam into his. We both shouted in pain.

My head is pounding. I've never felt anything like it.

With my hand on my forehead, I got up the rest of the way and looked at the person I'd just collided with.

"Holy shit!" he gasped, hand across his forehead as well. "I was already worried about meeting you and you thinking I'm stupid and now you must think..."

Park Sunghoon.

I smiled and giggled. "No way! I'm stupid for being late and not paying attention! I didn't know if you would remember me," I bowed, "but seems like you do? I'm Kim Sunoo. We used to have some classes together".

"Yeah, I remember you".

"Well, then no worries about first impressions! Seems like we've known each other for years." I gave him a sweet smile and laughed.  I had no idea he'd be so....awkward? Self conscious?  I'll need to figure this out.

I hitched my bag up onto my shoulder and walked side-by-side with Sunghoon toward the library.

But also, I feel...weird. My head continues to pound. It feels like it's just radiating pain. And something else...I can't explain it. Like positive energy is just sort of draining out of me a little.

As soon as I entered the library, I took a deep breath and felt much more like myself. I turned and faced my new student.

"So, Park Sunghoon. Where do you like to study?"

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Um..I don't?   That's kinda why I'm here."

He looked like he had more to say but didn't want to. It's okay. I figured I could talk enough for both of us.

"Let's head upstairs. There are tables in the back that are super quiet". I looked over at him to smile and saw that he was bright red.