A Past

When I first woke up, I felt okay

I reached for my phone to text Sunghoon and my head immediately started pounding.

Enough is enough.

It was fairly early, and I assumed Sunghoon was still sleeping, so I decided to head to the doctor by myself. It's the weekend, and I know it will be difficult to find someone to see me, but I can't keep on like this.  At this point my head has ached the better part of the last 24 hours that I've been conscious.

I got up and headed into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I was surprised to find Beomgyu already up, and I said as much.

"Yeah," Beomgyu sighed. I've been getting some calls from the performance. So I'm sure Sunghoon has as well. I've gotten several so his phone must be blowing up."

"Your duet with Yeonjun was great," I smiled. He just nodded.

"Thank you, but you know how I feel about dancing. I love it, but I want to write and sing and produce. If they all went together, cool, but...I'm not a dancer."

I studied his face for a moment.

"You kind of are. Talent-wise. But...what else is wrong?"

He looked up at me, surprised. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what else is wrong? I see it in your face. Did you and that girl - "

" - that girl was temporary. I'm not really seeing her anymore".

I giggled and he looked at me curiously. "Sorry," I said, "It's just that Taehyun said she would be."

Beomgyu smiled at that. "But I'm not worried about that. It's this:"

He held up his phone to show me a text from Yeonjun. I read it out loud: " 'Hey, I heard about what happened at the record label, I'm really sorry. I really do need to talk to you, like I mentioned yesterday. I'd much prefer to talk to you in person. Can we grab lunch today or something?'"

I looked up at Beomgyu, "Ah, so this thing that Ni-Ki may have spread..."

Beomgyu nodded, "I really like Yeonjun. I always thought he was mostly just flirting. I hope that I'm overreacting, but I don't want to mess up our friendship. He's so much fun," Beomgyu sighed. "Honestly, I'm not that vain. I would normally not read anything into this. But since Ni-Ki..."

I nodded. I'm really sad that so much negative is circling back to Ni-Ki right now. That's not who he is.

"I'm headed to the doctor. This still isn't going away and I'm starting to get nervous," I told him, pointing to my head.

"Thank God, Jungwon will be relieved. I would go with you, but I need to deal with this," he gestured toward his phone, "but I'm going to text Jungwon and let him know. I think there's a clinic down the street that's open on weekends, but only in the morning. I'll see if he can meet you there."