A Future

(Author side note: I will drool over this era of Sunghoon until I'm old and gray 🥰🤍)

It's still a good day. I can still build a future. I just hate that it was a bad day for Sunoo.

I looked through the cards in the pile. A couple of huge labels, then some small ones. There were some dance companies needing performers and dance studios looking for teachers. I couldn't believe how diverse the choices were.

I wasn't throwing out the big label cards because I wanted to stay with Sunoo. Not entirely. I felt as though if I signed with a big label - even started to negotiate - I may miss a chance that I'd regret. If I signed with a big label I would either get lost in the shuffle training to be an idol or I would be working as a back-up dancer. That sounded fun to a degree - at least initially. But it also involved cranking out performance after performance. I wasn't sure that was my forever.

I don't know what the hell I want. I just realized I never thought I'd make it this far. Not really.

I felt a lot of relief knowing that Sunoo was staying with Beomgyu. I don't know what happened with Ni-Ki. I hadn't talked with Sunoo about that yet. He just FaceTimed me a while ago to let me know he wouldn't be there anymore and asked me to come with him tomorrow to get the rest of his stuff, which I agreed to.

I shuffled through the stack of cards and threw the absolutely no cards to the side. Here I was, sitting in my grandmother's basement, shuffling through a stack of cards of business who wanted me to dance. If my mother can see me now, I know she's proud.

My phone beeped an incoming text.

KS: Hey, I made it to Beomgyu's. I miss you.
                                 PS: I miss you more. I
                                 wish you were here.

KS: Me, too. Things might go well for you tonight, Park Sunghoon XOXO

                                PS: !!!!!

KS: All I'm saying is that making out would be really nice.

So...we actually haven't made out yet. Or kissed at all yet. There's been a lot of build up. I know it doesn't make sense when we say I love you and everything else, but honestly, it just makes it more meaningful.

                                PS: I agree. Maybe I should
                                come to Beomgyu's if that
                                offer's on the table.

KS: Nah, there's nowhere to be. But just know. The offer is on the table for the near future. So what are you doing?