Chapter 33

~Takemichi's Pov~

Mikey, Dr.Takado and I are standing still in the lobby, waiting for news. When his superior came down a bit earlier, he told Dr.Takado to not worry for any other surgeries he had been assigned since he was not emotionally and mentally capable of completing them.

I don't know how long we've been here, minutes or hours, but not one of us has moved.

"Takemichi was it..?" I hear Dr.Takado call me.

"Yeah." I respond and see that he had sat down in one of the many chairs here, his elbows on his thighs and he rest his head in his hands.

"Did you see who it was?"

"It was someone named Kisaki." I told him, I see his shoulders tense up a bit.

"Kisaki..." He mutters. "(Y/n) told me a few things about him."

"Huh? She did?" He nods.

"She ask me to make sure he doesn't get permission to visit Baji Keisuke. That he might try and kill him while he's vulnerable."

(Y/n)...despite what she told me how she won't forgive Toman, she's still in her own way looking out.

"(Y/n)..she tried to save Emma. Even though I turned my back on her..." Mikey finally utters a few sentences.

I was about to say something back to him but I see nurses rushing past us with someone on the gurney.

"!!!" Mikey rushes to the gurney being brought in.

"Sir, we have to get him in right away!" One of the nurses tells Mikey.

"Grandpa?!"

"What...?!" I get closer to see an old man. "That's..your grandfather..?!" What little life Mikey had in his eyes, completely vanished. He releases his grip and let them rush his grandfather to the emergency room with Dr.Takado following them.

"Why was..." he couldn't finish his sentence.

"He had a heart attack." I hear Dr.Takado say. I turned to him seeing him coming back through the doors where they took Mikey's grandfather. "They had called him to let him know about Emma and had a heart attack. The nurse who called him got worried when he wasn't responding and called the paramedics to his home.

I look back to Mikey, "mikey...?"

"Hey..." I turn around and see Draken approaching us.

"Draken?" He walks past me and goes towards Mikey.

"Mikey. Let's go outside for a bit."

~Outside of the Hospital~

Dr.Takado and I followed them outside.

"What happened?" Draken asked Mikey. He didn't respond. Draken then punches Mikey. "You were there. How could this happen?" Mikey was still silent. "Hey Mikey, What the fuck were you doing?!"

"It was my fault! I was closest to her at the time! But I couldn't save her on time!" I bow to the floor. "It wasn't Mikey's fault! It was my fault! So Draken, if there's anyone to blame, it's me! You shouldn't be punching Mikey!" I plead to him, begging him to stop.

Draken continues to punch Mikey. "You built Toman to protect everyone, right!!?"

I can't bear Draken hurting Mikey and latch myself onto him. "Please stop Draken!"

"Yet we got Pah arrested!!" He landed another punch.

"What are you saying Draken?!" Mikey face is getting bloody!

"Baji is in a coma! He could've died if (Y/n) hadn't stopped him!" After each reason, Draken would keep punching Mikey. "Kazutora got arrested!"

"MIKEY!" I cry out!

"Takemichi! Let go!" I hear Dr.Takado yell behind me, trying to pull me off.

"FUCK OFF!!" Draken elbows me in the face.

"Why?!"I shout at Dr.Takado as he holds me back.

"As much as this is painful to see, he needs to do this!" He tries to calm me with his reason.

"What happened with (Y/n) is all our fault! Including yours Mikey!" There are tears streaming down Draken's face. "(Y/n) and Emma! They might...!" He couldn't finish. "The shit i...we pulled on (y/n)...the things I should have said to Emma..."

This situation is unacceptable, right? When the person you love the most dies, it's unacceptable! If (Y/n) and Emma die here, these two can't go to the past, unlike me. They can't save the people important to them.
Mikey...

You can't accept any of this, right? That's why you fell into darkness, you had no choice.

The sound of a phone goes off and Dr.Takado lets me go and answers it.

.....

"I understand." He hangs up and looks solemnly towards Mikey. "Your grandfather...he didn't make it."

~Back inside the Hospital~

Beaten up, Mikey sits on a chair in the hall leading up to where his grandfather lies.

"Mikey...this might not be the right time to talk about this, but today is our final battle with Tenjiku. The whole gang can't move on without your command."

......
.........

"Mikey, I'll settle things with Tenjiku alone." I turn around and leave. Even if I have to work alone, I have to move forward.

*sob* *sob*

"Emma...Nooo.." I hear Hina crying. "This can't...be happening..."

That's right, Hina and Emma were friends. I draw a happy and a crying face on my thumbs to try and cheer her up and stick them out from the wall.

"Don't cry, Hina! I'm here with you."

"Boohoo, Takemichi."

"What's wrong? You can talk to me!" I make the faces talk to each other.

"Stop joking around, Takemichi!" She turns the corner to face me.

"I was a part-time department store cleaner when I was 21. Kids often times get lost..I'd try to lift their spirits up like this, but it just made them cry." I look down. "Useless, right...? This is me, the 26 year old me...Being carefree won't get you anywhere. I've been living vaguely everyday. I don't know how to handle things when I get caught into bad situations like these...always running away."

A life where I keep on running endlessly. "I'll be going now."I start to walk away from Hina. "I am still able to do something." I stopped and turned back one last time, I raised my thumb and make it talk.

"A hero doesn't run. I want you to be cheerful! If by some miracle they make it through, you should get to know (Y/n). She seems like a nice person."

I'll protect you, even if I die tonight.

As I'm on my way out the hospital, Dr.Takado stops me by holding my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"To put an end to Kisaki and Tenjiku."

"Are...are Ran and Rindou part of that gang?" I flinched when he asked that. He noticed my reaction and knew what the answer was. He looked down and let go.

"Are you really (Y/n)s father?" I asked him. She said her family made her suffer, so why does he care for her.

"I am in the process of trying to adopt her."

"Eh? Adopt?!" He nods. So he's not her biological father! I sigh knowing that, but I turn my attention at what I need to do now. "Dr.Takado I'm sorry, but I have to leave now." He looks at me with worried and tired eyes. "A battle with Tenjiku will start tonight. Mikey can't lead Toman with how he is, so I'll do my best to try and lead and if I can't then I'll go alone."

"That's highly dangerous, Takemichi." I'm glad that he's worried for me, but I must go.

"I know, but there's no other way."