𝟎𝟎𝟕: 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫.

The 4 were travelling through the cut in a tense silence

The 4 were travelling through the cut in a tense silence. Barry was driving the car sending reassuring looks to the girl that was sat in the back with the Carson boy much like how they were a couple days prior.

Saylors nerves began to rise as she she realised they were heading to the Chateau. Last time she was there she nearly collapsed as 17 years of memories hit her all at once, but this time she had to hide it, Rafe couldn't know.

Once they arrived at the girls childhood home Rafe was quick to hop out and hastily make his way over with a gun gripped firmly in his hand.

"I'm here" Tyler reminded her as he grabbed her hand and they slowly followed the kook.

Sarah, John B and JJ were hidden in the tree with fearful expressions when they saw the eldest Cameron make his way over. However, they quickly morphed into shock when the girl no one had seen in 2 months walked out from behind him with her hand interlocked with an unknown teen boy.

Rafe made his way inside the house in search for his sister and the Pogue whilst Barry 'searched' outside.

The second the Cameron boy was out of sight the two remaining boys focused their attention on the girl who was already trembling.

Saylors eyes were clenched shut trying to avoid the visual effects of her re-emerging memories. Her hand slipped from Tyler's as she pulled them over her ears trying to stop the thousands of overlapping voices.

Barry and Tyler shared concerned looks, they wanted to whisk her away and take away all the pain but they couldn't, not with Rafe there.

Tears streamed down her face as she hyperventilated.

"Hot tub, put her in the hot tub!" Barry instructed Tyler who grabbed the girl beneath her thighs and carried her over to the tub.

He placed her gently into the tub so she was standing, the water resting just above her knee.

The feeling of the luke warm water brushing against her skin helped her to gain a sense of reality. That was what she struggled with the most. When she had these 'episodes' she couldn't differ what was real and what was fake.

"S, I need you to focus on my voice okay" Tyler delicately placed one of her trembling hands on his chest so she could feel his heart beat. "I'm here and I'm real, Barry is here too"

That's when Barry got into the hot tub with the girl and used the pads of his thumbs to brush away her tears. "Open your eyes" he spoke softly.

Slowly the brunette opened her eyes and locked gaze with the older boy in front of her.

The boy that protected her, the boy that kept her safe, the boy that cared.

He was real and he was there, she was safe.

"Bear, it hurts" she whimpered and their hearts broke at the pain in her voice, that included the 3 pogues in the tree.

"I know, I know" he consoled stroking the hair out of her face. "But you need to hold it together okay, Rafe can't know you remember"

"Your strong S, you can do this"

"Not much longer now and you will be free" Barry smiled.

"Promise?" Saylor croaked raising her pinky.

"I promise" Barry linked their pinkies which held matching tattoos. The drug dealer had the word 'bear' followed by a paw print and the Routledge girl had the word 'cub' with a slightly smaller print.

Rafe then came running out of the house even angrier than when he entered. Barry stepped out of the hot tub leaving the girl with the Carson boy and made his way over to Rafe.

Saylor couldn't hear anything other than the voices of her brother and Pogue friends that filled her head. They sounded so close, as if they were speaking directly into her ear.

When Rafe decided his best option was to shoot his gun at the tree something clicked inside of Saylor, a memory unlocked which hadn't before.

She hadn't heard the sound of a gun shot since the day on the airstrip, the sound triggered that horrid memory to resurface.

Tyler noticed the fear in her eyes and pulled her into his chest as she trembled. He whispered reassuring words into her hair as she clutched tightly onto his shirt.

"Stop! Your scaring her!" Barry yelled at the Cameron pushing the barrel of the gun back down.

That's when Rafe remembered she was there and turned to look for her. When he saw his girl stood in the arms on the Carson boy his jealousy spiked. He knew the boy was gay but he didn't get to hold her like that... that was his job.

He rushed over and pulled the brunette haired boy away from his girl. When he saw the look of fear on her face he was riddled with guilt. "Oh princess, I am so sorry" Rafe pulled her into him not realising the action caused her to shake more. "I would never hurt you, I love you" he pulled back placing a kiss on her lips and a single tear fell from her eye as she looked forward at the 2 others who had clenched jaws.

Rafe picked up that it was something deeper than him shooting the gun that was bothering her. He placed his hand on her forehead realising she was incredibly hot. "Did she take her meds today?" He turned asking Barry and Tyler.

"Yes, I watched her take them"

"And I was the one that gave her them" Tyler added to the lie. Saylor hadn't taken her so called 'meds' since finding out they were slowing down the functioning of her brain.

Rafe nodded not seeing a reason they would lie to him about it. "Let's get you home" he grabbed her hand leading her out of the hot tub and back into the car. Pulling her away from her real home and back to her fake one.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·