𝟎𝟐𝟎: 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞.

Saylor had her arms wrapped around Barry's chest and her head buried between his shoulder blades as he drove his dirt bike back through the cut

Not a single word had been exchanged since the pair watched as Rafe Cameron was pushed into the back of the Police Car.

The Routledge girl had no idea how to feel. On one hand she was completely and utterly relieved that he was behind bars and couldn't cause any more harm to not only herself but also her friends. However, she couldn't ignore the swarming guilt that swam around her stomach like a tidal wave.

She knew she had no reason to feel guilty, he deserved it and she knew that. It was just hard when she would remember the times before. The times they were both completely and utterly happy.

The dirt bike came to a halt once they arrived at the Chateau. Saylor peeled her still damp legs from the leather seat and kept her gaze down at her feet.

"Hey, look at me" Barry spoke softly, he knew she was struggling with what had happened.

When she didn't make any effort to meet his gaze he used his pointer finger to lift her face up by her chin.

"You did the right thing, he deserves this. And you deserved to move on with your life, to be a real kid for a change"

"But-"

"No." He cut her off. "Don't try rationalise his behaviour. You don't need to make excuses for him any more." Barry's voice was father like and comforting. "You got that?"

"Yeah, I got that" Saylor nodded.

Barry pulled her into a quick hug before pushing at her shoulders and ordering her to join in the celebrating which they could hear coming from the boys.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJs voice bounced of the walls of the living room and to outside where Saylor had just joined the 2 girls.

The second she met Sarah's eyes she felt the instant connection. They felt exactly the same way. They shared a weak smile and the brunette positioned herself between the two girls grabbing the Camerons hand in her own and giving it a squeeze.

"Goodbye! Goodbye!" John B cheered lifting a random wooden duck in the air as he did.

Kie watched the boys through the window a big smile on her face as she saw they celebrating, but her smile fell flat once she saw the solemn look which blanketed the other 2 girls.

"Do you regret it?"

"No. He deserves all of it, and I know that." Sarah responded nodding slowly before pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

"He's your dad. I get it. I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle." Kie sympathised.

Sarah's phone began ringing so she dismissed herself leaving Kie and Saylor alone.