𝟎𝟑𝟒: 𝐁𝐢𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

Rafe had only left the room for 5 minutes but once he came back it was obvious that something had happened by the way he was anxiously fidgeting and the quick pace in which he was talking

"It's time for us to go" he place a hand on her back as he ushered her out the room and down the stairs.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs banging could be heard which caused Saylor to halt in her steps and look for the source of the noise.

"It's just Wheeze, messing around on her drums. Nothing to worry about." Rafe lied once again pushing her gently out the house.

Honestly Saylor didn't think to much of it, she knew Wheezie loved music and spent allot of time playing the array of instruments she had been gifted.

When they arrived at the truck Rafe gently grabbed both of her hands in his and pushed her lightly so her back was against the passenger door. "Iv just got one more bit of business to attend to and then we will be out of here okay. By this time tomorrow we will be safe and happy, just us. I promise"

Saylor nodded her head absentmindedly and stayed in place as he placed a small short kiss on her lips. She didn't kiss him back but she didn't pull away either.

Honestly she felt as if she was stuck in a trance, she could barely remember a thing that had happened since she left the warehouse.

She was traumatised.

He then opened the door for her and she climbed inside the truck closing the door behind herself as Rafe made his way into the drivers seat.

With one hand on the wheel and the other on the brunettes thigh Rafe drove away from his home with a large smile on his face.

The Cameron felt as if things were finally going his way. He had both the gold and the cross as well as the girl he loved by his side.

The Routledge girl had zoned out the entire drive but was snapped out of it when she heard Rafes door slam shut. "Stay in the car, I won't be long" he instructed through the open window before walking to the trailer attached to the vehicle.

Saylor then turned her head to look out her own window and she instantly recognised where they were.

How could she not? Her and her twin had been attacked there by a gator a mere 3 hours prior.

Her eyebrows pulled together in confusion. Rafe said they were leaving the island to start a life together but he took her to a crocodile infested marsh?

All questions were answered when she heard a loud splashing noise. Cautiously she stuck her head out the window to find where the noise was coming from and that's when she saw Renfields body be snatched in the claws of a hungry gator.

Saylors lips parted in shock at the scene and then horror as she realised the bearded man wasn't the only one in the trailer.

Rafe turned the corner with a limp Tyler in his arms his head flopped over his elbow giving Saylor one final look at the boy and the hole between his eyes before he was tossed into the water.

The Routledge girl bought her head back inside the truck and pinched her eyes shut as the sound of splashing filled her ears.

In the space of one day she had watched both Barry and Tyler be killed. That thought alone was enough the break her heart into billions of peices which splintered her chest, but the knowledge of knowing they wouldn't get the goodbye they deserved ensured those splinters would be deep, so deep they couldn't be plucked out.

Barry had been fed to the Pigs at the local farm and Tyler had been fed to the Gators in the marsh.

This only encouraged Saylor even further to give up fighting, it reminded her of what happened to the people that cared for her.

Due to the splashing the Routledge girl couldn't hear the fight between Rafe and her best friend and was completely clueless of the altercation between the two.

That was until the door beside her opened and she was lifted out the truck by her waist. A hand covered her mouth before she could let out a scream of shock.

It didn't take long for her to realise who it was that had grabbed her.

Pope.

He pulled her behind a tree keeping one hand over her mouth and the other tightly around her waist. "Stay quiet" he whispered into her ear his breath heavy.

"Fuck!" Rafe screamed once he realise Pope had grabbed his girl and made a run for it.

After a tense few minutes Rafe sat himself back in the truck and drove of, but not before smashing his fists harshly against the wheel.

When the truck was out of view Pope unwrapped himself from the girl and turned her to face him using her shoulders.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" He asked her concerned as he quickly scanned over her face and body for any signs of injury.

Saylor didn't respond, she simply stared forward at him with glossy eyes and a stoic face.

She wanted to celebrate the fact that he was alive and didn't get killed by bees but she couldn't. She couldn't wrap her arms around him and hold him close, because everything she seemed to touch died and she wouldn't let anyone else die for her.

"S?"

When she still didn't even move her face in recognition he realised something truly awful had happened.

Despite everything she had been through there was always a small glint of life behind her eyes, a glint of hope. But now... as he looked deep into her brown eyes he saw absolutely nothing. And it scared the shit out of him.

When it dawned she wasn't going to talk he pulled his phone from his back pocket and called the only person he knew would answer.

It only took 2 rings for her to pick up the phone. "Kie! I'm in trouble. Rafe, he has the cross." He winced before continuing. "Kiara, I need you to come get me and S"

Saylor couldn't hear what Kie was saying but she figured it wasn't what Pope wanted to hear as he began pleading for her to help.

"Please, Kie. I need your help. We're at the swamp past Angel Oak. Please hurry." He then hung up the phone and slumped against the tree.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·