𝟎𝟑𝟓: 𝐇𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬.

Kies' truck pulled up at the dock which they had located John B and JJ at using her phone

Kies' truck pulled up at the dock which they had located John B and JJ at using her phone. Saylor was yet to say a single word and both Pope and Kie had clear concern covering their faces.

Pope opened the door for the Routledge girl but she didn't move an inch, she made absolutely no effort to leave the car. The Heyward boy reached over and grabbed her hand but she quickly pulled her hand back from his making him frown.

Saylor had never pulled away from him before.

Mindlessly she forced her body out of the car, not because she wanted to but because she didn't want Pope to try touch her again.

She craved comfort more than she ever had before but she wouldn't give in. Everything she touched seemed to die so she simply decided not to.

"I think I see them" Kie broke this silence pointing over at some containers where the two Pogue boys were crouched.

Seeing that they were safe filled the brunette with relief but it quickly vanished when realisation hit. The more she cared, the more she had to lose.

Kie was the first to reach them, obviously startling the pair as JJ turned around with two fingers aggressively pointing towards her face and John B jumped almost 2 foot in the air.

"I almost poked your eyes out" JJ told her retracting his hand back. Then he saw his girlfriend and his face softened as he took a step forward, only for it fall once she took one back. "Say whats wrong?"

"She hasn't spoken since I got to her" Pope informed them knowing that the girl in question wouldn't.

"Waves, did something happen? You can talk to us." John B reassured trying to break through to his twin, if anyone could do it he knew it would be him.

Did something happen? Yeah something fucking happened. She wanted to scream and cry but she couldn't, she didn't have it in her. She simply gulped and looked at her feet.

"Look, we can work this out later. We need a plan." Kie interrupted which Saylor was incredibly thankful for as the attention got redirected.

The Routledge girl had dissociated as her head swarmed with images of Tyler laying on the cold concrete floor with a bullet hole between his lifeless eyes.

Curling her hands so far into her palm so that her nails dug into the delicate skin she tried to gain a sense of reality.

By the time she had snapped out of it she was sat in a pile of tires locked in a stuffy container which was being hoisted in the air.

The fact she had no recollection of the time which had passed since the flashbacks started scared the crap out of her.

As she peeled her nails from her palm, blood filled crescents were left imprinted in her skin.

She could hear her friends conversing, most likely making a plan but she couldn't work out any of the words as her focus remained on the burning guilt that swam in her stomach. The guilt so overpowering she felt physically sick.